9 out of 13 fish died in one week-online order

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

davo

9 out of 13 fish died in one week-online order

Post by davo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:39 am

Well I ordered online for the first time, and from That Pet Place/That Fish Place and when I received the fish-the water was way too cold-they didn't put enough heat packs in the box to keep it warm enough-I am waiting for a response from TFP to see if I will be refunded for the 5 that died overnight-(they have a 5 day "warranty") but in this case I hope they will do so after a week-due to the circumstances-nothing I hate worse than buying fish that in turn die because of it-they have refunded all the money otherwise, and been very good to me-good customer service for sure-I guess I wouldn't recommend ordering fish online with shipping during the winter in cold areas of the country-or maybe order from warm areas so it takes longer for the water to cool-I even got the preferred shipping to try to lessen the impact of the cold. :( :shock:

redshark1

Re: 9 out of 13 fish died in one week-online order

Post by redshark1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about your dreadful experience.

The welfare of living animals under my care is a top priority so I would only buy healthy fish that I had been able to observe in a shop close to home.

For me, the value of my fishes lives far exceeds their replacement cost.

Online fish? No thanks! Dead fish are part of the business model. :x
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

mattyd

Re: 9 out of 13 fish died in one week-online order

Post by mattyd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Here in Australia we generally have a good climate for transporting fish via couriers. Having said that though, we can get cold and can definitely get very warm days. Most of the online sellers here only ship when the weather is going to be temperate for the next few days. Some of them refuse to ship when it is forecast to be above 30 degrees celsius or below 15 degrees celcius.

I hope that you get a good resolution from your online store. More importantly, if you buy from them again I hope that you don't suffer any further fish losses from the stresses of transport conditions.

Matt
5ft long rocky hillstream tank - Sewellia lineolata and spotted... and lots (and lots) of spotted fry
8ft Clown loach tank: 30+ clown loaches, 10+ Yoyos.
6ft tank for 16x botia kubotai, 13x Striata, 6x Sidthimunki - I need more sids