Looking for a singular loach.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dimidiata

Looking for a singular loach.

Post by Dimidiata » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:57 am

I have a wood filled planted hexagon that I would really like to get some kind of loach for. The Hex is more of a short and fat then a tall and skinny. About 37-40gals. The diameter is a little over 2ft. Normally I would think it too small for most loaches but since that is 2ft in every direction I thought it may make a difference. The set up is very wood oriented, I have wood on all levels of the tank and it creates various caves all over the place. The tank has been established for awhile now and the current stock is 2 wild golden Killi fish, 5 gold barbs(getting another, these guys i have had for years(5) and they are starting to drop of old age, a BN pleco and a Clown pleco.)

My biggest concern is that there isn't many species of solitary loach that would even fit my tank. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?(feel free to throw non-loach ideas too if you think it's worth it)