Interior design by clown loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

I C Mud

Interior design by clown loaches

Post by I C Mud » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

I really think there should be a share your funny loach story area. I have named my funny loach story as "Interior design by clown loaches"
We all spend alot of time in taking care of our loaches and ensuring they have the best possible environment in their tank to ensure they thrive. I have a 300 g aquarium with 30 clown loaches, 14 angels, and 5 Acei, I also spend countless hours making sure they are comfortable. I recently removed a ton of driftwood from my aquarium because I couldn't stand the tea colored water. I tried to replace it with new driftwood same results. So to allow lots of hiding places I put in a cave, terra cotta pots, artificial driftwood and a ton of large, weighted artificial plants, I have a sand substrate. I arranged everything just so. Lots of hiding areas, free swimming space, etc. Apparently I forgot to consult the designers inside the tank. I woke up this morning to all four corners of the tank being excavated to the glass, heaters removed from their suction cups, all the plants moved to all areas of the tank with the loaches laying ontop of them, the terra cotta pots (fairly large) being moved, turned, and filled with sand, a new set of caves underneath the existing cave a group of loaches trying to pry the stream pump from the side of the tank and some very proud albeit hungry loaches. I realize that real plants can't withstand this size of a group, I figured I would be safe with artificial :lol: I guess we'll call this fish enrichment. This is why I absolutely love the clown loach they are enterprising and entertaining. Anyone else have any cool or funny stories about their loaches?

Fishwife

Re: Interior design by clown loaches

Post by Fishwife » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 pm

If you boil your wood a few times it will no longer leach into your water :)
http://www.bigfishcampaign.org/ .... Don't buy colored or tattooed fish! Let your LFS know you won't stand for it.

I C Mud

Post by I C Mud » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Sorry, Maybe I didn't mention the pieces of drift wood I had were over 4 feet long and 3 feet wide. I didn't have a pot big enough lol.

past08

Post by past08 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 pm

I really think there should be a share your funny loach story area. I have named my funny loach story as "Interior Design consultants in Dubai by clown loaches"
We all spend alot of time in taking care of our loaches and ensuring they have the best possible environment in their tank to ensure they thrive. I have a 300 g aquarium with 30 clown loaches, 14 angels, and 5 Acei, I also spend countless hours making sure they are comfortable. I recently removed a ton of driftwood from my aquarium because I couldn't stand the tea colored water. I tried to replace it with new driftwood same results. So to allow lots of hiding places I put in a cave, terra cotta pots, artificial driftwood and a ton of large, weighted artificial plants, I have a sand substrate. I arranged everything just so. Lots of hiding areas, free swimming space, etc. Apparently I forgot to consult the designers inside the tank. I woke up this morning to all four corners of the tank being excavated to the glass, heaters removed from their suction cups, all the plants moved to all areas of the tank with the loaches laying ontop of them, the terra cotta pots (fairly large) being moved, turned, and filled with sand, a new set of caves underneath the existing cave a group of loaches trying to pry the stream pump from the side of the tank and some very proud albeit hungry loaches. I realize that real plants can't withstand this size of a group, I figured I would be safe with artificial :lol: I guess we'll call this fish enrichment. This is why I absolutely love the clown loach they are enterprising and entertaining. Anyone else have any cool or funny stories about their loaches?
Sorry I dont have any loach story like you.
But your story is really awesome:D