Happy Halloween.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Happy Halloween.

Post by Martin Thoene » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Have a Thriller!

Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

zenins

Re: Happy Halloween.

Post by zenins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey Martin, nice to see you here again, been a couple of years ?
Zenin

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 pm

I remember the "devil clown" & the Halloween costumed loaches fondly! I did thought of you recently when I found the original version of "Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones, check it out.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

LOL!! Another good one from Mr. Thoene. Good to see you back on here! I hope you are doing well. :D

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Doing good. Got married a couple of years ago. We downsized apartments and I gave up fish-keeping a bit before that happened. Sold off everything.

I just lost the spark for it. Good to see so much interest in Hillstreams on here. Haven't stepped in an aquarium shop in ages and have no idea what's being imported these days.

I honestly don't miss keeping fish at all, but I'm glad I left a legacy that enables others to keep Hillstreams successfully.

Has anybody gone into the Website and sorted out the missing links? Last time I was there a whole bunch in the Species Index Search by Appearance didn't work properly. It could take days testing it out. I know building it from scratch and doing the artwork was time consuming enough.

Big "Hi!" to anyone who knows me!
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm glad things are going well for you. I'm sad to hear you are out of fish keeping though. But, that's the way things go. The one constant in life is change.
But, you have left a great legacy here. You might be surprised to know that Sewellia lineolata is now the "standard" hillstream and Beaufortia is much harder to come by than they used to be. Chenis are also not as common but are still available. Gastros come in less mixed shipments than in the past but some new species seem to be showing up along with the occasional Hypergastro and Neogastro. There are are also several other Sewellia species showing up besides the lineolata and the Spotted variety.
As for sorting out the website, not much of that has gone on for a good while I'm sorry to say. I really don't have the time to dive into it as I am pretty busy with my real life. Hopefully someone will come along and take care of the needed updates sooner rather than later. But, as you may have noticed, most of the old mods are history.
Good to hear from you again and thanks for the Happy Halloween post! :D

bookpage

Post by bookpage » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 pm

It's good to hear from you Martin. Congratulations on your marriage. Sometimes we have to empty the tank and rest awhile. I kept fish back in the 60's and 70's but here I am again five and a half years keeping fish again.

Please stop by again sometime and let us know how you are doing.

Rayburn
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1