Feeding my Yoyo Loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

kirstos

Feeding my Yoyo Loaches

Post by kirstos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:25 am

Hi there

This is my first post so I hope its OK to post here! I have three yoyo loaches (had them just over a week) but I am unsure of what to feed them, one feeds brilliantly, the other nibbles a bit here and there but I have never seen the third one eat at all. I feed Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers first thing in the morning when the light is off and when I feed the other fish early evening . I also feed frozen bloodworm once or twice a week. I was just wondering if there are any foods that your yoyo's especially enjoy that I could try?

Thanks

Kirsty

bookpage

Re: Feeding my Yoyo Loaches

Post by bookpage » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. Maybe the below link can be of help to you.

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/bo ... %20Loaches
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

DainBramage1991

Re: Feeding my Yoyo Loaches

Post by DainBramage1991 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

My experience has been that loaches will often take some time to acclimate themselves to the new tank, sometimes a matter of weeks. During that time, they may have little appetite, or may only be feeding here and there. They may need time to get used to the food as well the tank.

The good news is that the Hikari food you are offering them is a good quality food, and my loaches love it (your experience may be different). Also, blood worms are a loach favorite, I've never seen any leftover bloodworms in my tanks.

Keep feeding, but don't overfeed them. Any uneaten food should be removed after feeding time. Keep an eye out for illness (particularly ich and skinny disease), and make sure that the loaches have a comfortable environment and good hiding places. They should begin taking to the food soon.

If you're looking for another food to try, my loaches also love OSI shrimp pellets.