Botia Kubotai

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Karatepig

Botia Kubotai

Post by Karatepig » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Hey everyone, I'm getting my new 55gal this weekend and I will be building my stand + bracing the floor as soon as possible to get it cycled around Christmas. I've been calculating costs and the only fish I haven't been able to find pricing for are kubs. I've read around and heard around $8 when they're 2-3".

I've posted this to ask around and see what prices some people have come across to get a general idea about how much $ I'll be spending on my kubs. Thanks for any help.

Eika

Re: Botia Kubotai

Post by Eika » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi,
It probably depends largely on where you are. I live in New Zealand and expect to pay $17-$19 ($14-15US) for a juvenile between 4-6cm.

But in NZ, everything is expensive :roll: $15 ($12US) guppies for pity's sake...
Eika
New Zealand

Karatepig

Post by Karatepig » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Eika wrote:Hi,
It probably depends largely on where you are. I live in New Zealand and expect to pay $17-$19 ($14-15US) for a juvenile between 4-6cm.

But in NZ, everything is expensive :roll: $15 ($12US) guppies for pity's sake...
Wow. Thanks for the input. I'll be talking to my lfs soon, probably tomorrow if I can remember for pete's sake.

gaiden

Post by gaiden » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm

They are around $15 in washington state from my lfs, you might be able to get a deal if you buy several at once though.

mattyd

Post by mattyd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:56 am

Here in Brisbane, Australia, the Kubotai are hard to find and normally go from AUD $30 to $50 each. --- That's $26-45 USD
The same goes for Dwarf Chain loaches and Striata, Histrionica and Rostrata ---- all hard to find and expensive if you find them.

Fortunately they can occasionally be found in groups of baby Yoyo pakistani loaches (Botia almorhae)
Clown loaches and yoyo loaches are normally priced between $7 - $15 each. Sometimes they go on sale for $4-5 each.
5ft long rocky hillstream tank - Sewellia lineolata and spotted... and lots (and lots) of spotted fry
8ft Clown loach tank: 30+ clown loaches, 10+ Yoyos.
6ft tank for 16x botia kubotai, 13x Striata, 6x Sidthimunki - I need more sids

Karatepig

Post by Karatepig » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:32 pm

mattyd wrote:Here in Brisbane, Australia, the Kubotai are hard to find and normally go from AUD $30 to $50 each. --- That's $26-45 USD
The same goes for Dwarf Chain loaches and Striata, Histrionica and Rostrata ---- all hard to find and expensive if you find them.

Fortunately they can occasionally be found in groups of baby Yoyo pakistani loaches (Botia almorhae)
Clown loaches and yoyo loaches are normally priced between $7 - $15 each. Sometimes they go on sale for $4-5 each.
Thanks for the input. I did some looking on aquabid the other day and some company seems to have lots of sets of 6 kubotais (exactly what I want/need) for $33 as a group! I hope they're still around by the time I get fish, that's a pretty good deal. They also seem to be decently reputable. I haven't seen a bad review. http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1386704626