Have to find a new home for my loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bslindgren

Have to find a new home for my loaches

Post by bslindgren » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

I have been absent from the forum for a few years after using it to learn an immense amount about these wonderful fish. I have been a successful keeper of several species (clown loach, kubotai, zebra loach and kuhli loaches) largely thanks to the great advice I received from this forum. In the next year or two, I have to find a new home for all my fish, as I will be moving to Vancouver Island when I retire. I currently live in Prince George, and would like to find someone with a large tank that is willing to take my fish, since I won't be able to take them with me when I move (largely due to timing). I have 8 clown loaches ranging in size from about 7 - 3 inches, about the same #s of kubo and zebras (3-4 inches), and a few kuhlis, including some that were born in this tank. All are nice and healthy. There are also some catfish in there, but those are easier to place locally,I think. I am writing in the hope that someone in western Canada might be interested. There is plenty of time to arrange for a move, so this is essentially a preliminary request, but I am willing to accommodate anyone so that the fish get the best possible chance for a safe transfer and a good new home.
Please spread the word, reply here, or PM me.
Thanks,
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?

The Angry Loach

Re: Have to find a new home for my loaches

Post by The Angry Loach » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm all the way on the east coast. Why couldn't your move be the opposite? Ha ha. Good luck on re-homing these guys!
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD

Ardillakilla

Post by Ardillakilla » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Can you elaborate on why you can't take them with you?

The Skinny Chef

Post by The Skinny Chef » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:07 pm

i'm really sorry to hear that. i'm currently in a similar situation, minus the the retiring thing. if i had the tank space i would gladly give them a good home. maybe once i get established in florida, if no one else has taken them.

bslindgren

Post by bslindgren » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Ardillakilla wrote:Can you elaborate on why you can't take them with you?
We are building a new home and will have temporary accommodation while doing so. I simply don't want to stress them to that extent, so I am hoping to find some loach enthusiast who wants to take them.
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?