Modesta complex article

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mike Ophir

Modesta complex article

Post by Mike Ophir » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:40 pm

I am currently working on a review of botiid fish from the Modesta complex (Y. modesta, lecontei, caudipunctata, morleti, splendida, eos, longidorsalis). It is almost done. However I do not have good photographs of Y. splendida as my camera is not good enough to capture them in the aquarium they are currently housed in. I also do not have photos of Y. longidorsalis as this is a seldom seen species. Does anyone have photos of either species they would be interested in contributing to my review article. I am planning on submitting it first to TFH. The photographer(s) would of course be paid by TFH for their contributions and acknowledged in the article.

I want to get this article out as there is almost no information in the popular literature on species such as Y. splendida or eos, and there is only one published article (from myself) in TFH on Y. caudipunctata that I authored 4 years ago. Hence, this remains a poorly characterized complex of botiids.

Let me know!

Mike Ophir
A proud member of LOL since 1998

The Angry Loach

Re: Modesta complex article

Post by The Angry Loach » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:28 pm

The only one on that list I have is the Eos, but not for lack of trying D:
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD