Weather loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Jude

Weather loach

Post by Jude » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi,Iam new to this forum hello ....I have 2 weather loach which have been very happy in their tank until 2 weeks ago when the smallest one started to get a swelling behind its gills (looks like a fat stomach) :( and has gone much lighter in colour it is still eating and swimming around I don't know what to do ??? Is it ill help .......jude

Dojosmama

Re: Weather loach

Post by Dojosmama » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Could it be a pregnant female? Perhaps eggbound? If it looks like a fat stomach, that might be the case. And if she is pale, then perhaps she is having problems dispensing her eggs. I'm afraid I don't know what to do in that situation. Anyone here experienced with that situation?

She (or he) might also be constipated.

-- Dojosmama

CJHP

Post by CJHP » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Where is your temperature at? I have found keeping these guys cool to be quite a challenge...

Dojosmama

Post by Dojosmama » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 am

Good point! Weather loaches are cooler water fish. They suffer in temps above 70F or 72F, max.

Has there been any drastic changes in pH, temperature, or other water parameters? Did you dechlorinate when you last changed the water?

What has been his or her diet?

How is your dojo doing, now?