Why are Ambastaia sidthimunki so expensive : (

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

arny

Why are Ambastaia sidthimunki so expensive : (

Post by arny » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:01 pm

This is mainly to rant. I went to a not so local fish shop today, one of the only ones that I could find that had sids on their regular stocking list, only to be bitterly disappointed. Their sids were £11.95 each (don't know the exchange rate at the moment but I think this is about $20). I guess my 4 will have to wait a little longer for some friends, these 4 cost me £6 each and I got them on three separate occasions. Luckily I wasn't going just to look for these lovely but elusive loaches.

Jim Powers

Re: Why are Ambastaia sidthimunki so expensive : (

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Most of the ones that I have seen here in the US are a bit cheaper than that, but still pricey.
It may be they are higher priced than most loaches because all of the fish in the hobby are captive bred. In the wild, they are rare.

The Angry Loach

Re: Why are Ambastaia sidthimunki so expensive : (

Post by The Angry Loach » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Don't feel too bad... I had to call up a not so local pet store to see if they could get 4 y. eos for me so I could have a complete set of five. They said they'd call back, but the Modestas they have are nearly $12 a pop with nearly $60 in shipping and handling and these are fish they have all the time. I'm worried about the price tag on these guys. I still haven't heard back from them and they're my only shot at this point. If anyone else knows where I can buy them, let me know.
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD