Loach with ick

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LunaCat

Loach with ick

Post by LunaCat » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:37 am

I have one loach with ick. I have other loachy kinds in my tank. I am treating with half doses of quick cure and half doses of salt. My temp is holding at 78. I do not want to get a heater. I live in Hawaii. The owner at Coral Fish said a heater was not needed. I have had horrible experinces in the past with heaters. I don't loke them. I have removed the carbon and I am planning on doing a gavel cleaning on Sat. The quick cure says to treat for three days max. Is there anything else I need to do? The loach in question is acting fine. No flash, doing the loachy dance with his buddies and eating. Any advice will be helpful.
LET BUTTERFLIES LEAD THE WAY...

shari

Post by shari » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum Luna Cat :)

Loaches really don't care for salt in their water much.

When you say using the quick cure at half doses do you mean you are using less than what they say or do you mean you're splitting the dose by putting half in at one time and the other half later the same day?

Are there visible spots on your affected loach? Or any of your other fish? Any rapid gill movements? Can you tell us more about the tank? Size, water parameters, other inhabitants, please?

newshound

Post by newshound » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:15 pm

ICHY STICKY
:P
drain your pool!

shari

Post by shari » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Yeah, newshound, we need one...soon. 8)

clownloach

get more hiding places

Post by clownloach » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:10 pm

Yeah, get more hidding spots because somtimes Ich can be triggered do to being stressed. I'm sure that dosn't aply to you but if it does i would get as many places for him to hide as possible. Thats also what i use when my fish got Ich, I never used anything but gave them lots of hiding spots, 2 days latter all of the sick ones came out and got confortable... None died
Q('.'Q)