Hemimyzon nanensis

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mikev

Hemimyzon nanensis

Post by mikev » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Preliminary photos.

atmichaels

Re: Hemimyzon nanensis

Post by atmichaels » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.

shuwae

Post by shuwae » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Nice photos! They look to be a hemimyzon at least.

Do you plan on ordering those "Fire Works Hillstream Loach" Wetpost has listed? I am curious how those look like as I can always add more sewellia species to my tanks...

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Thank you!

I'm planning on ordering photos (==call them on Monday, email already sent). I remember what happened the last time I ordered "Sewellia sp." from the same source and did not ask for a recent photo :( Without a photo, definite pass, space is not unlimited here.

Perhaps you do the same and this will encourage them a bit more? With Hemimyzons I got a photo within a few hours :) but the one other species I've been asking for took 1.5 months :(

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:35 pm

"Fireworks Hillstream Loach". That certainly sounds interesting.

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:22 am

OK... here is the situation: the fish is Sewellia indeed, and probably S.marmorata (see Freyhof, Serov 2000). I told Wetspot about this and they said they will change the name to cf.marmorata, this is the right way to designate it since we cannot be certain yet.

But the fish I got from Wetspot is juveniles, much smaller than the 1.5" they list. So if one is thinking about putting them into a tank with adult Sewellias (like lineolatas), think twice.

Yes, I got a group.

shuwae

Post by shuwae » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks for the update. I was wondering which species they were when I asked for photos. Hopefully, Wetspot still has a few left on my pay day this coming week. Too bad they are sold at a small size. I wonder if Wetspot's stock photo was an older fish?

mikev

Post by mikev » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:36 am

The photo is not a stock photo, it is freshly taken... consistent with the fish I got, the pattern is similar enough to the adult one.

No idea if they have older fish or not, most likely not.... but older fish is being sold in Europe :(