Ambastaia Sidthimunki (BOTIA)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

CIR2015

Ambastaia Sidthimunki (BOTIA)

Post by CIR2015 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 am

Hi,

I'm new in this forum, and I'm sorry for my English (I'm writing from Italy). In the last 5 weeks I prepared my new Tank, 100 litres (80x36x42) and I would like to put inside a group of Ambastaia Sidthimunki (BOTIA) 5 or 6 not more. I have seen this little fish and are fantastic. I have read all informations on the web and also in this forum... but my question is. What are others fish compatible with the Ambastaia Sidthimunki ?

Many tks to all

Botiadancer

Re: Ambastaia Sidthimunki (BOTIA)

Post by Botiadancer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:08 am

Looking on getting some of these myself.

I have seen them in tanks with discus, kribinsis, rams, small tetras, gouramis, hatchet fish and all manner of plecos. I will be putting mine with eartheaters, festivums and rainbows or congo tetras. I'm curious if anyone has mixed them clown loaches or striped (striated) loaches.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 pm

They are relatively small, and 100l is a small tank.
I would add a school of almost any warm water tetra, barb or rasbora, a few Otocinclus for algae, and maybe a single Honey Gourami.

Example:
(6) Ambastaia sisthimunki
(12) Trigonostigma heteromorpha
(3) Otocinclus affinis (or other)
(1) Trichogaster chuna (males are more colorful, but may get territorial, so just one)
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

atmichaels

Post by atmichaels » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Diana has some good suggestions! I would suggest adding more of the sids if you can. They really show off in a larger group. 12 is good.

Austen
Currently keeping: gastromyzon spp., hypergastromyzon humilis, pseudogastromyzon sp., sewellia spp., ambastaia sidthimunki, homaloptera spp., serpenticobitis octozona, Yaoshania pachychilus. As well as various catfish, loricarids, livebearers and tetras.