Sad day for my loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bslindgren

Sad day for my loaches

Post by bslindgren » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:14 am

I haven't been o n this forum for a long time. Because we are moving, I am selling my tank. This forced me to find new homes for my loaches. My 7 clown loaches were moved to the UNBC freshwater tank because I really didn't want them to be separated. It is a 135 gallon tank that has a few yoyo loaches and some large fish. The rest (10 each of zebra and kubo and 2 kuhli) were unfortunately surrendered to the local pet store because I couldn't find a new home for them. I will miss them. Thanks for everything I learned about loaches from this forum.
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?

redshark1

Re: Sad day for my loaches

Post by redshark1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:34 am

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that.

I realise in some ways I'm lucky that despite being a fish keeper all my life I only started with my favourite fish the Clown Loach after I had settled down and bought a small home. Seeing a large specimen in the show tank of my favourite retailer undoubtedly persuaded me to wait.

I guess you have moved them to a university aquarium? It sounds like a great home. I hope it works out. Who will be their carer and are they any good?

Obviously this was your decision and one which you would not have taken lightly but for the benefit of us reading please explain why you could not take them with you? Thanks.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

mikev

Post by mikev » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:45 am

very sorry!

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:41 pm

I am really, really sorry.

Ardillakilla

Post by Ardillakilla » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

I've moved several times with my loaches (and birds and reptiles). I've hauled my loaches all over the country but the last move was just across town. It's really not that much trouble if you have a plan.