True Albino Dojos

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

KaosChrist

True Albino Dojos

Post by KaosChrist » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 pm

I have 3 really nice albino dojos. They are about 4 to 5 inches and super fat. As I am sure many know, true albinos are extremely rare. These are not red-eyed goldens. These are albino wild types. They have the thickness of the wild verity (golden dojos are known for being much skinnier than the wild type.) They are super active and seem very happy. I have 5 normal goldens with them and they outpace the goldens in activity by a lot. The goldens just like to loaf around all day, while they albinos are foraging for food constantly. These are top tier, super high quality dojos and I love them bunches. I want to breed them since they are so nice and so rare.

My questions are the following:

1. Is there anyone who knows where I can find more of these true albinos? I have only seen them once in real life and bought all 3 and have yet to see them for sale online.

2. Would breeding the ones I have be a risk? I don't want to breed unhealthy fish due to inbreeding and I'm sure they must be siblings.

This is one of my dojos. Kind of blurry, but the best my friend could do on his phone. Can't really see the red in the eye much in this picture, but whatever.

Thanks for any information.