In need of sun loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

The Angry Loach

In need of sun loaches

Post by The Angry Loach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:50 am

Hi guys, long time no see! If any older users are around, you'll remember my cranky sun loach and his lack of buddies. I still lack buddies for my handsome fellow and was hoping my loachy experts could give me a hand in locating a vendor. I'm still looking to get a handsome family of at least 5, but I can still love even more of them than that. Also, Normandy has calmed down since his introduction to the 180 gallon long tank. I see him on a very regular basis, but still not venturing too far from his beloved stump. He only ever chases after my black shark on occasion.... Which to be honest is a bit funny to see. Aaaaany who, long story short, I still feel terrible for my little buddy and have not found a single seller this whole time I've owned him. Give me a hand. XD
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD

Diana

Re: In need of sun loaches

Post by Diana » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:58 am

Have you tried Aquabid, and Wet Spot (a fish store in Portland Oregon, they do ship)

What country are you in?
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

The Angry Loach

Post by The Angry Loach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:51 pm

I'm in the US. I haven't heard of these sites, so I'm going to need to check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

Oiii, gave them both a look and no luck.

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:43 pm

While checking these two sources is the right thing to do when looking for *any fish*, I cannot recall Wetspot ever offering y.eos or it ever appearing on Aquabid.... the best chances may be to examine shipments of similar loaches (modesta et al) everywhere hoping for a contaminant. And talking to every importer you can asking them to keep checking the lists for this fish....

Good luck -- you will need it!

The Angry Loach

Post by The Angry Loach » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm good friends with a couple of the aquaria shop owners in the area, but they haven't been able to locate a vendor willing to transport the y. Eso due to it's nasty reputation. Weird how the modesta winds up around, but it's sister can't be found. I know there is a vendor who can transport, but you have to be willing to due bulk shipments and continue business with them. Not sure if I can convince my buddies to do that for fish that could be disastorous to unknowing buyers. Sadly, in an area this small, you don't see a lot of places with a wide variety of fish. Hell, I still haven't laid eyes on a real yoyo loach in person. D:

The Angry Loach

Post by The Angry Loach » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm still looking

mikev

Post by mikev » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:47 pm

It may take years to find them, be prepared.

(I've been looking for crimsons for 8 years till I finally got them).

The Angry Loach

Post by The Angry Loach » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:40 am

@o@ I have looked almost everywhere. Even sites from out of the country. Good lord, it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.