Tank size for dwarf chain loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FishyLady

Re: Tank size for dwarf chain loach

Post by FishyLady » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm

For the benefit of, Bas Pels the fish they are discussing is dwarf
(Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki) :roll:
Better the chaos of creativity than the tidiness of idleness.

Bas Pels

Post by Bas Pels » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:51 am

I guesssed that :)

but thanks anyway

sarahberard

Post by sarahberard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 am

The Angry Loach wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:57 pm
This is a pretty small tank, all in all. About 15 or so gallons, if i calculated right. Loaches should be kept in small groups and with at least 5 fish sharing this small area, they won't be able to do much exercise or be too comfy. If I'm right about the measurements, I wouldn't personally keep much in that tank. Generally tanks this size are good for quarantine and nursery habitats. If you have some fish in there now, consider an upgrade to a larger tank in the near future so your fish have enough room to grow and live comfortably in a proper community.http://best-penis-pump.com/ But, on the plus side, tanks this small are easy to keep clean and make for an easy tear-down if something goes wrong. It'll be easier to correct water balance issues or say even nematode out-breaks. I'd personally look into a 30gallon long tank. This will give the little guys more room to play and will allow a proper community set-up, so long as you don't over stock it. It will also mean easy clean and tear-down since it's not a 55 or larger tank. 20 gallons in the minimum tank size for these little critters, after all.
i don`t thing this is a small tank for two fish.

tocnaza

Post by tocnaza » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:07 am

Great info! Thanks for sharing us!