Levamisole

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

kimby

Levamisole

Post by kimby » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:59 pm

Hello
I'm newly registered but have used the loach site for reference for a very long time.
I'm planning to pick up some Levamisole to have on hand.

I've found the injectable form but I've also found a powdered form which is much less expensive. I have had a powdered form before but I got it from a private party so I don't actually know it's source.

What I've found is called Prohibit and is referred to as a Sheep Drench. Here's a link, you have to scroll down a little.
http://www.midstateswoolgrowers.com/aca ... al_46.html

Does anyone know about this product or have an opinion

shari

Post by shari » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:01 pm

Check the ingredients on the powdered form. If it contains drying agents or other additives, it may not be suitable for use in the aquarium.

Maybe Momfish can advise better...

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 pm

I use the bolus form, sold as sheep wormer.
Levasole, product of Janssen Research, copyright Schering-Plough Animal Health Corp. Each tablet contains .184 grams of Levamisole hydrochloride activity.
I put the dose in a coffee filter closed with a rubber band, and put this in the filter. I have several clown loaches that I would not have if I had not found the info on this site. I am using it now on some goldfish that will be used for mosquito control on a horse ranch.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

kimby

Post by kimby » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:20 pm

thank you, at least now I know how to use the bolus.
Maybe I'll get those.

Azmeaiel

Post by Azmeaiel » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:44 am

here is a link to a page on another forum where they came up with a whole range of products containing Lavamisole, hope it helps a little in your search.

http://cyberguppy.proboards57.com/index ... 698&page=1