Who asked about the fx5?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

adampetherick

Who asked about the fx5?

Post by adampetherick » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:47 am

Graeme McKellar

Post by Graeme McKellar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Thanks Adam - it seems to me that owners are very happy with their FX5. The positives for me are the high actual flow rates - increased media contact times - longer maintenance intervals -the ability to purge the primary stage but most imortant to me is their quietness.I find noisy aeration or filtration very annoying and I'm sure the fish would not like it. Anyone who has scuba dived will know how "noisy" it is underwater. I have not purchased one yet as I have been shopping for the best price which is currently $295 Aussie Dollars without media compared to a quote of $595 with media from my "friendly" LFS. I will be fitting it to a 4 x 2 x 2 tank and will consider any secondary filtration after I have it up and running. Will keep you posted how it all goes. Cheers Graeme.

adampetherick

Post by adampetherick » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Not got any complaints about mine except the water that comes out when you take the hoses off the top, even when the valves are closed