From 30 to 150 river loaches moving on up

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

chris1932

From 30 to 150 river loaches moving on up

Post by chris1932 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:35 pm

I was telling a friend of mine that I was looking for a big tank and it just so happened that a guy standing there said "I have two I have to get rid of" so my next question how big? 74wx24dx18t. Price? cheap! I went from the store and looked at the tank. I have to take everything tank rocks fish. Two rena x3 two 200w heaters hoods light stand. The tank is drilled in four places in the back corners. First thought??? Wow that could be a huge river tank. I have a 1hp AnsiMag seal less mag drive pump 1.5" inlet 1" outlet the pump is rated for 65 gpm @ 40psi. I was going to move my Fluval 405 and both Aquaclear 70s I have tanks that I am going to use the x3s on.
I also thought that mabey I would just get another 405 run 2 405s two AC70s and large intake manifold through a bag filter. Outlet through Carbon canister UV light, and a penberthy eductor to introduce air without an air pump.

I do have one problem I have to take an 18" Clown Knife fish. Anybody looking for one???

This is going to be a longish term project. I am looking for substrate suggestions.

I have 20 or so hillstream loaches Gastros, Beufortia, Homalopetra

Chris
Hello all from Happy River
I have lost count of how many tanks I have