Welcome to the New Loach Forum

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

zacandcass

Post by zacandcass » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:30 am

just wanted to type my first post tonight and just say I'm looking forward to exchanging info here and to also meet people like the ledgendary emma turner I keep hearing about well looking forward to talking to you all. And maybe in may when I go to Afghanistan you guys to help my wife keep my clowns alive

shari2

Post by shari2 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:37 am

Welcome zac and cass! 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

5starred

Post by 5starred » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:47 am

hi all just found your site today looks great and loads of info i only have the 1 loach he's a weather loach. he's in with some goldfish yes goldfish i blame the wife and kids after seein some of the pics on here and other site i may get another tank put the goldfish in there and look up what loaches can go together. I was going to do a tank with sailfins but i may have been turned :) but that bepends on what i can get aswell only live in a small town which only has pets at home :( so again hi to you all

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:22 pm

Welcome to Loaches Online, zacandcass and 5starred! :D
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

fish_frenzy

New to the Forum

Post by fish_frenzy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi everyone @ LOL. My name is Tammy and I am addicted to Loaches. We have 18 freshwater tanks in a 1 bedroom basement suite....yes, it is wall to wall tanks at our house! But we love it!
I have 22 Clown Loaches ( largest one is about 7-8")
14 Yo-yo Loaches (largest one is about 5-6")
13 striped Kuhli Loaches ( one is about 5" long)
1 gold Kuhli
1 black Kuhli
8 Weather Loaches (4 reg, 4 gold)
I also have Discus, Cories, Tetras, Angels, Rams, Bristlenose plecos(reg & albino), fancy Guppies, Cherry & Amano Shrimp, Hatchets, Gourami's and Goldfish.
Phew! I think that's it...

Great site you have here. I can't stay away for long! I am looking forward to getting to know you all! Have a fintastic day!
Looney for Loaches!

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Welcome, Tammy. :D That's quite a collection! 8)

Emma

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Welcome to Loaches Online! 8)

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:53 am

Hi folks, I've been lurking for a while and have learned a lot here already. I've just returned from 3 years in Thailand and Cambodia and ironically didn't discover loaches until I returned to the U.S. Now I fear I'm addicted. Unfortunately I live in a small apt. and only have room for a few smaller tanks. Look forward to a bigger place and bigger tanks full of Botias!

melina

Post by melina » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:20 am

Hi I'm new here and I'm very happy that I discovered this website and forum. I love botia's.
I have 4 dario, 2 sidthimunki, 2 lohachata, 2 histronica. And then there's one I bought as a botia dario but it looks very different. I'm trying to make a picture of it to post at the forum. Maybe someone knows what kind of botia this is.

Melina

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 pm

Welcome to Loaches Online, plaalye and melina. :D

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 am

Welcome plaalye and melina! 8)

Clowntje

Post by Clowntje » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 am

Hello all @ LOL,

First of all i would like to thank you for this fabulous website and forum.
I have been browsing it for quite a while and decided to register.

My name is Marlies and i am 28 years old and live in The Netherlands at the moment, soon i will be moving to Germany where my fish are at the moment too. (no worries they are being taken care for by my parents during the week and in the weekends by myself)

We have 6 Clownbotia's in a rio 180 from jewel, i know the tank is too small for them but soon they will be upgraden to a bigger tank.

i didnt plan on having fish but my hubby loved them and always watched his dad and grandpa's tank which where even smaller. His granddad died about a year ago, and he wanted to give his tank to my hubby we accepted ofcourse. his dad decided to pick up the tank earlier becus of the travelcosts for feeding the fish was big. we then found out that there where 3 Clowns in it. i googled them and saw they needed a much bigger tank than they lived in. with our spare savings we bought the rio 180.

the Clowns got much more active even during the day and got twice as big in the past year. now i am in love with them and even have MTS.
now we are getting a bigger tank a vision 450 from jewel it is a second hand tank but maintained good with extra eheim pomp with it. when our house is fully renovated we are gonna save up for a hand made new tank which will be the double size of the vision.

Greetings Clowntje

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:10 am

Welcome Clowntje! Nice to see more Dutch people here.
I think that vision 450 will work well. Do you know where you are going to get the new tank built?
I just had a custom tank made myself and it's been a fun project to undertake. I'm sure you'll enjoy such a project too.

Clowntje

Post by Clowntje » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:39 am

hello Dutch!
On this moment i dont know where i want to get it build, maybe in Germany maybe in Holland but it will take a while tough, we need to save up for it first, and the vision 450 was a real bargain, so we decided to do that and then save up properly so we can get a great tank.

Dutch

Post by Dutch » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:59 am

I think that's the best choice. I had the choice between buying a second hand one or having one built, and since I had the money the choice was simple. Plus, shopping around is great! :wink:

Here are two places I know of...
There's Veldhuis in Enschede: A link to some of their tanks
They offer very high quality, but at a price that exceeded my own budget this time. (You can see their prices on their website.)
There's also Zajac in Duisburg-Neumühl. ( http://www.zajac.de/ ) I've never been there, but they have a very good reputation and a huge store (8000 m2).