Welcome to the New Loach Forum

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

HSTurning

Hello

Post by HSTurning » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:17 am

I finally joined. Wanted to say hello. I have been lurking for 2 or 3 years. When I got into the hobby I said I didnt want loaches. Mostly because people say they are to hard or get sick to easy. I picked up 2 yoyo's after reading this site a some. 2 became more more more.

I blame you all :lol: Thank you
And I am happy that you have all been there even tho you didn't know you have been halping me out.

I can not express to you all how much I owe you. My loaches have broght all kinds of joy and really help me relax.
I need more tanks, more more more

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome! :) Where in New Hampshire?

Make sure you post some pictures of your Yoyos so we can all see them. :)

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Welcome! As you have seen, it is a good community here and you will want to get more and more loaches.

HSTurning

Post by HSTurning » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:36 pm

starsplitter7 (knew your name at one point)
Just south of manchester

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:06 pm

I used to live in Manchester on the Merrimack River and I worked at the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium in Concord. :) Loved it there.

HSTurning

Post by HSTurning » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 am

I knew about you living in manchester. I was reading the forum when you joined :D
Like I said I have been around for a while.
I came real close to joining when you mentioned it when you joined.
I shouldnt have waited so long

borneo man

Post by borneo man » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:14 pm

hi to all, nice to join in this site, my location in borneo. i hope i can more learn about loaches. thanks. 8)
BOTIA FOREVER

Marcos Mataratzis

Post by Marcos Mataratzis » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Welcome to LOL Borneu man!

I´m sure some of us envy you for living in Clown Loach homeland. 8)

Marcos
My 450L Loaches tank
31 clown, 5 morleti, 2 sidthimunki

Loa-ches

Post by Loa-ches » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi all, I do love all 6 of my clowns... just got a 75g to start, I am hoping to go to a 200g to fully let these fantastic fish grow fully, and I am trying to recreate the best I can their natural habitat.
If you would like, I can document my progress,
anyway, I am really glad to be among those who love these fish as much as I do!

chengwang114

Post by chengwang114 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi all, I am a clown loach lover and been lurking for a few years. Will try to post some pics of my clowns.

ConnieTam

Post by ConnieTam » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:37 am

Just saying hi.
Before I used account of wilsonho,he is my friend.
Been using loaches online as a reference for some time now and thought it was time to member up!
Try all my efforts to keep my fish happy.

fredos417

Post by fredos417 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:58 am

Hi. I'm new here. Hope to meet new friends.
Freddie Osuna

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:53 am

Welcome fredos417!
Where are you from?

wbzorker

Thanks and Intro

Post by wbzorker » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi everybody,
First, a big thanks to everyone that posts on this forum and to the folks that created the species index etc. on the main site. Without you, keeping these beautiful fish would be quite a challenge. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post pics. I’ve really enjoyed the shots.

My name is Wendy, and like many others I’ve loved loaches for awhile. Three years ago I had to give up all my loaches because our German Shorthair Pointer couldn’t stand the stress of not being able to “hunt” them. He trembled and shook, while pointing at the fish, and I finally had to give up all the fish in my tanks that moved faster than a walk. For the last 3 years I’ve kept up to 12 freshwater tanks with snails, plecos, slow catfish, angelfish and discus. I’ve also seriously considered Mudskippers. About a year ago my loach drought ended when I set up a tank in my husband’s study and gave him 5 Angelicus Botia. This tank is on a different floor though, and I rarely hang out there, so I’ve still been loach deprived.

The situation has changed now, and I’m delighted to be planning a loach tank again. My first species will be 6 Botia Striata (Zebra Loach). They will start in a 20g for a few months until my 56g is freed up from the breeding project it currently contains. I’m ordering them from Frank’s on the 16th and can hardly wait! The tank will be finished, and ready for the loaches this weekend. (I’m reworking an existing tank, so no cycling problems.)

Just wanted to say Howdy and share what I think may be the most bizarre reason for not having loaches. LOL. Again, thanks for all the info.
Wendy :-)

texas5

Glad that i found you.

Post by texas5 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 am

hi all,from the "fine" city...i have always wanted a big tank full of clowns eversince i first saw them.hope to learn lots here before embarking to my dream journey..cant wait man :) at the moment i have 5 clowns hibernating in a 5 footer,4-6inches in size.They are very beautiful.graciously swimming over one another..hmm lurve them.im off to surf all about them here,will see u folks again in the forum and im glad that i found you... :D