Welcome to the New Loach Forum

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dusko

Hallo

Post by Dusko » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi all loach enthusiasts,

My name is Dusko and I live in Sweden. Some might know me from Aquahobby and some via my aquarium blog page - aquariumpoetry.blogspot.com and for those who don't know me well I will be around here posting abit there will be time to catch up ;-)

At the moment I am starting 2 new projects and one of them will house Sewelia lineolata. (the other one is a reef so will take it to another forum)

Looking forward to exchanging experence :-)

Kind regards, Dusko

Carlos & Siran

Post by Carlos & Siran » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:17 am

Hi guys, our names are Carlos and Siran Ward and we live in Northland New Zealand, we've been keeping aquariums for a few years now and currently we have a 200ltr community, a AR850 grumpy community and a wee AR380 that we're currently using as a quarantine tank' but we're planning on trying some of that fancy Aquascaping with it.
We have 3 Clowns and 3 Yoyos and out of all our fish we love these guys the most, their sweet natures and inquisitive personalities are fantastic.
At the moment we're wedged in a teeny house with a wooden floor but we're hoping one day to move into a large place with a concrete floor so I can build our dream twin 500ltr tanks, one off which we'd like to have as a Loach community tank.
Anywho, that's us.
Cheers.
Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares?..........He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed May 12, 2010 4:15 am

Welcome!! :D 8) :D

Spuds

Post by Spuds » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey guys!! im from Ireland. I been keeping loaches for 7 years now... My clowns are 5-7 years old now!! i also have 8 Kuhli loaches in a 20gal... my 4 clowns are in a 211gal. this site looks great!

whitemike

Find good home for my Clowns

Post by whitemike » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm new to this forum so please bare with me. I am in a bind. I have to give up my tank due to living situation. I have a 135 gallon tank with four Clown Loaches that are about 12 years old. They are in excellent heath ( fat ) and the two biggest ones are 4 stripe variety ( the largest one is about 7 inches long ). I also have two Yo Yo Bota and one 19" Placostomus that all share the tank.
I would like to find a good home for these fish. I do not need to sell them because I am more concerned with just finding a good home for them. So if anyone can come to Sacramento California you can have them free.
I was going to take them to Capitol Aquarium because they have some Clown Loaches that are 60 years old and VERY big, but after seeing recent poor reviews of that store on line I decided against it.
I can be contacted @ 916-988-9265 or email me @ ovwhitemike@gmail.com.
Thank you.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:11 pm

You might want to contact local aquarium clubs, too.

jo o

Post by jo o » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 am

Hi I have joined the forum.
Hi Guys:)

I have said yes to 4 unwanted clown loaches.
I wouldn't usually take fish that can grow so big, but I have always had a soft spot for the Clowns.
It started when I worked in a Aquarium/pet-shop about 20 years ago.

I have started to cycle a 4ft for them. its been running for 3 weeks ,
3 male guppies and 2 small OSBN live in it now.
Will the guppies work as dither fish?
they will be in my 30in for now, I hope the can cope.
Don't know how big they are at the moment I will find out today.

I have a few questions about transporting Clowns.
I live in country 3-4 hours away from the current owner, it is mid winter here in Berrys Creek Australia.
I can only pick the up at night, and may have to sit around for a few hours before I can head home.
The night temperature is between 5-8c
How can I get my clowns home safe,
is there anything I can do to make them happy when I do get them in the tank?

thank
jo o

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:53 am

Welcome!
You might want to post your questions in a separate post. You will likely get more answers as more people will look at it.

Courtneymike

Post by Courtneymike » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi courtneychayton here Will you friendship with me? I am here to make some good and nice friends and have share thoughts and ideas with them

papaloach

Post by papaloach » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Love the site! I`m a big lover for clown loaches, got a 7" clown called papaloach. Got a lovely pakistani loach too called achmed lol 2x Zebra loaches and about 4x redtail botias and 1x lemon tail. :D

Speedy

Re: Welcome to the New Loach Forum

Post by Speedy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:13 am

I have just found out that the fish that I adore is a loach, a Misgurnus anguillicaudatus, apparantly. This delightful creature gives me hours of amusement. I have called him Speedy, as he never moves. Just sits on the rocks looking at me. I find him so comical. He has me well trained, and has gone from being fed every second day to daily. lol NO wonder he is not eating the algae which was meant to be his original purpose. lol I am glad to find a community of people to learn from - I have fallen well and truly in love with my adorable loach and want loads more now.

Dojosmama

Post by Dojosmama » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi.

I'm Dojosmama.

As my username suggests, I love Dojos. I have two male Dojos in a coldwater community tank (since Dojos prefer cooler water), surrounded by small, peaceful fish. My Dojos are very active, and they just love being fed Sera brand o-nip tablets, a highly nutritional cocktail of goodies that all of my fish enjoy. The Dojos can be hogs, however, at feeding time. I have to break up a tablet into several small pieces and scatter them throughout my tank, so that other fish get to enjoy them while the Dojos still can have theirs.

I am looking forward to learning a lot about loaches, here. I have done some research on Dojos, also known as Weather Loaches or Weather Fish, and they are rapidly becoming my favorite freshwater fish. They are so cute with their little whiskers and elongated, eel-like bodies. Mine have lots of personality, and are very easy to care for.

I hope you folks will welcome me to this forum. I'm glad I found it.

-- dojosmama
:wink:

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Welcome Speedy and Dojosmama.

I am a fan of Dojos too. First time a fish ate from my fingers was a Dojo, scared the daylights out of me. Do a search on the forum, and you can see some of the member's experienceds. :)

orchid

Post by orchid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 am

Salutation from Paris,

even I spent a lot time reading some post here, I just realize that I was not member...Error is corrected..

I am a passionnate with gobies and loaches, so far it's the place to be and participate ! 8) 8)

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

Welcome Orchid!

Make sure you post lots of pictures of your tanks and beautiful fish. Everyone will be interested to see them. :)