Welcome to the New Loach Forum

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:42 pm

Just wanted to say hello, i'm a newbie here but i'm a Mod on another cichlid forum. I'm interested in soon getting some loaches to add to my tank so i'm sure i will get a lot of usefull informtion here. can't wait to meet you all. :D talk to you soon. Gabe

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi Gabe, and welcome to LOL. 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

mommaloach

Post by mommaloach » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:00 am

I'm new here so I thought I would say hello! When I found this site I was so excited. I am involved with a local forum but there are not to many loach fans there so I really look forward to going through this forum!

Jennie

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:10 am

and hello to you too Jennie!
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

gbercume

Post by gbercume » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:42 am

hi everybody im a newbie to loaches so im here to do it right. with a little help from my friends . you guys . im reading all your post trying to absorb all the great info .these guys(clown loaches) seem to be more than fish .its like they are additions to the family. i have a 210 gallon planted tank and can use all the advice to complete the final setup that you can give me gary

jk

Post by jk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:28 pm

Hello everyone,
Im new here so I just want to say hi and I cant wait to learn and interact more.
I found this site last night trying to figure out what to do for Ick. One o my loaches has some very small spots , so im taking Stickies advice. It does't seem to be spreading so I think its working.
This is a great forum I look foreward to visiting here often.

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:30 pm

welcome to LOL jk.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

jk

Post by jk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:34 pm

I dont know what I was thinking when i said Stickies advice. It was Mark from vancouvers advice "Dealing with Ick" topic.

Martin Thoene

Post by Martin Thoene » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm sure Mark gets stickie at times :wink:

Martin.

jk

Post by jk » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Thanks Martin nice to be here

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:49 pm

As a new member I just want to say hello. I have been lurking for a couple months and have really enjoyed getting to know everyone here.

I have kept fish for 26 years with a 75g for the last 11 years. I stocked tetras and a beautiful pair of green severums that spawned many times and recently died at 17 and 18 years old. Now I am ready to start again with loaches this time. I have emptied the 75g and have moved my last remaining 4 Serpae Tetras into a quarantine tank. I have built a river manifold (thank you for the brilliant idea Martin) for which I have 2 aquaclear 802 power heads. I also have a Rena xP3 canister filter which is currently running on the quarantine tank so I can keep the nitrite cycle going. I have finally found a source for sand for the substrate (natural color brown .6 mm size) which I am waiting on now. The water is very, very hard here, so I am going to use RO water to keep it soft. The plan is to get 5-7 CL and 5-7 Botia Kubotia and then something for the upper levels which I have not decided on yet. I realize that that is too many CL's for the tank, but like everyone else I am going to get a much larger tank within a year.

Starting fresh like this, I have the chance to do everything right, so I would appreciate any comments to help me avoid mistakes.

I have a variety of questions which I will ask in the appropriate threads.

Keith

Martin Thoene

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Welcome Keith.
It's so nice to hear that someone has been lurking and picking up tips before diving in :lol: Great to hear that you are so obviously committed to "doing it right".
You have probably worked out that this is absolutely the place to get good advice on loaches.
Ask away, we love giving advice to people who really want to look after their fish correctly.

Martin.

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks Martin. Yes it did not take long to realize that this is the place to get real information from experts.

Keith

Martin Thoene

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:51 pm

:oops:

The best bit is "the experts" learn something most days too.

Martin.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Welcome to LOL and realize that once you start with these loaches...you'll be hooked...just like the rest of us. :wink: