might take my tank down, need good home for loaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bostoneric

might take my tank down, need good home for loaches

Post by bostoneric » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:49 pm

I have ( 8 ) decent sized clown loaches ~4" .
I'm thinking about taking my tank down soon in prepare for moving in a few months.
so I am looking for a good home for these loaches.
they have been a group since they left the "farm" 4 years ago.
I also have a decent group of yo-yo's from 2-5"s that I would also like to find a good home for. 5" yo-yo is the oldest of all my loaches, i'm guessing approx 6 years old.

I'm in boston mass. (US)

couple quick pictures. sorry glass is a little dirty, work is hell lately.
90Gal, with DSB Tahitian Moon Sand .

8 4"+ CL's
7 2-6" YoYo's
3 4" Horse's
various others

ngsteveinct

Interested

Post by ngsteveinct » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 am

Hello I'd be interested in the clowns and yo yo's if you still have them.
I live in Ct....and Unforutnately I'm also a Yankee fan....does that disqualify me ??? :)

Let me know

Steve

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:15 pm

Are you really giving away your loaches or are you just teasing us? I'd give my left nut before parting with my clowns. Where are you moving to?

midman

Post by midman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:06 am

It does beg the question 'why don't you move them with you?' :( I am in the process of moving at the moment myself but it hasn't stopped me just moving mine recently into a bigger 4ft tank that pretty much takes up half a wall of my 10ft by 10ft living space!! I then have to move them again into the new house. Perhaps you are moving a long way away? it would be a shame to have to give them away and I really think that anyone who just offers to take them off your hands without suggesting that you may actually be able to take them with you is just out for themself and not really thinking how to help you avoid this situation, as I am sure you don't really want to lose them??
All weeks run up to Friday - but how quickly can you sprint from Monday.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:20 am

bostoneric,
I completely understand the need to simplify and downsize before a move. If the fish can go to a good home, it would take a load off your mind. If there is room for fish in your future, you may regret they are gone, but at the moment stress and other issues require drastic measures.

I don't actually know if there is anyone here on the forum who lives near your area, but they are your fish and you get to decide what works for you. 8) None of us know your situation, so ... best of luck with finding them a good home, and I hope work and life in general will be less h*llish shortly. :lol:

loachaholic

Post by loachaholic » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 pm

chefkeith wrote:I'd give my left nut before parting with my clowns.
:shock: I'm not sure I'd go that far, Keith. Now THAT'S a loach addict!!!!

H3D

Post by H3D » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:50 pm

Hi All. I refered bostoneric here from AC because I know there are responsible loach keepers here. bostoneric is moving across the county and needs a loving home for his fish. I hope someone can help.

ngsteveinct

I want them

Post by ngsteveinct » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:25 pm

Hello...I replied to Boston...but he's not sure.
I've since sent him 2 more PM's and no response, so if anyone has his contact info please have him reply to my PM. I live in Connecticut and would be willing to drive up to get them. If the price is right I'll take all the clowns and the Yoyo's. For now I'll just stick to wanting the yoyos

Thanks, Steve

asieh

Post by asieh » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 pm

your fish look awesome. I lived in Beantown for 10 years and then moved to Washington DC (while not clear accross the US - still far enough)

I moved my fish (not an easy task) throught the mail !
Luckly I had a friend in DC and I bought a used tank and had it setup in his basement about 2 months before I moved down there - I then bagged a few of my fish and packed them carefully in a coller (I used empty baggs full of air to stablize the bag of fish inside the coller) Then I fedexed next day air am delivery.. My friend received the fish and acclimated them into the tank. I did this in three batches in the two months period - moving a total of 15 fishes.

3 out of the 15 did not make it (although they all arrived alive) eventually 3 of them died (probably from the stress) within a week of the process. at the time none of these were loaches so I cant say if it would work for you.

after all the cost - it would have been cheaper to purchase new fish but there was definetly a great satisfation of having kept the fish I had in Boston. I did the same when I moved from DC to CT 6 years ago -

If you cant find a new home for them one of my best friends lives in Burlington about 20 minutes from Boston, and he loves loaches - would be happy to see if he would take them - he built a 200g diy tank in his basement office a few years ago.

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:31 pm

I once kept a pair of pristlenose in a hotel room and a a car ride totaling for over 24 hrs in a bag. Of course, it was a breathable...
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

dnstapes

Post by dnstapes » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:39 pm

I'll take them. I'm going to be in Boston this Sunday (11/5) and could pick them up then. They will go to a good home. Let me know if you still want to give them up.

Thanks, I'd love to add these to my tank!

bostoneric

Post by bostoneric » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:13 pm

well first let me say I'm sorry I didnt get back to everybody.

cross country move was put on hold when I found myself a new job that I've become very happy with.

I'd like to find a new home for all my loaches (actually everything)

so now I'd like to move forward with this again.

I'll send a msg to everybody who pm'd me before.

thanks and again I'm sorry I disappeared for so long.

:D

8 4"+ CL's
7 2-6" YoYo's
3 4" Horse's
various others

bostoneric

Post by bostoneric » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:17 pm

here is a (poor) full tank shot.
and yes that is 1 full piece of driftwood

8 4"+ CL's
7 2-6" YoYo's
3 4" Horse's
various others

dnstapes

Post by dnstapes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm

I'd still be interested in taking these off your hands.

bostoneric

Post by bostoneric » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm

dnstapes wrote:I'd still be interested in taking these off your hands.
what size tank do you have?
what experience with loaches do you have?

where are you located?

I'd love to see some pictures of their possible future home.

I want to try and keep all 8 together, they've always been together since I bought them. I'd like to see it stay that way.

thanks.
Last edited by bostoneric on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8 4"+ CL's
7 2-6" YoYo's
3 4" Horse's
various others