I got Sewellia and Confuzona Pictures

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:05 am

Congrats, Chris! :D Looking good. 8)

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

chris1932

Post by chris1932 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:20 am

Thanks Emma! It is saturday morning here in the states and I am up observing my new friends. Everyone now has their own slice of turf and doing loachy little stuff. Sewellia are amazing animals. I swear they see you looking in and either hide or put on a little show. They seem to look at you and blink as if to say "morning! how bout some food" or something to that effect. I am off to the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society, All aquarium catfish convention. I have never been to a large fish thing before and I am kind of excited. I will be picking up Cory Robinae, Duplicareus, Weitzman and Loxozonus that I have ordered. I am going to look for a female Incolicana because my male inco "patrick swayzee" is looking lonley and needs to teach someone new to dance.
Hello all from Happy River
I have lost count of how many tanks I have

Fishhead

Post by Fishhead » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:55 am

Excellent pics, Chris.. How much of a flow do you have in that river loach tank?

Fishhead

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:10 am

I'm glad they are doing well. How do the Sewellia and confuzona get along? That is certainly a combo I would love to try.
Enjoy the PVAS Catfish Convention. I heard that it's a fantastic show. That club has a great bunch of people.
You might ask the PVAS members about the "loach guy" they had speak at their fall meeting last October. :wink:

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:48 pm

congratulations on your successfull assimilation :D

your tank looks wonderful. how many fish am i looking for? i forgot, but the omes i have seen so far are looking good :D

im happy for you

chris1932

Fishhead or Dave???

Post by chris1932 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:56 pm

I have two Aquaclear 70 HOB, Two Aquaclear 30 powerheads, one Fluval 405, and a small magdrive pump, All together its around 19 gallons per minute. So I am turning the volume over almost once a minute. I am trying to achieve the same thing in the new 150 gallon tank. I have a recirc pump that can do 45-65 gpm depending on npsh and psi. A fluval 405, 305, the two aquaclear 70s and another mag drive I am going to use to circulate through a UV light that does around 25 gpm. You are the guy I meet at Tonys?
Hello all from Happy River
I have lost count of how many tanks I have