Some people.............

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

H3D

Post by H3D » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:37 pm

shari2 wrote:Something to remember here which may help keep things in perspective is that AC attempts to cover EVERYTHING aquatic. Thus the huge membership. LOL does not attempt to do any such thing. Loaches are a small niche in the aquatic world, 'tens of thousands' of members EVER is highly unlikely unless we decide to go much more generic...which I don't think is currently in the plan.
Many users post of a number of different boards. I read this board every day. Considering the amount of people who own loaches and the fact that this is the best source for loach info on the internet I do not see why not.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:00 pm

NEO started this just deceive everyone and to get attention to his sites. It worked. I’m sorry about instigating this any. Neo supposedly has plans to get a few 1000 gallon tanks And this 180g tank is just a ploy (or holding tank until those other tanks are ready) .

sophie

Post by sophie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:02 pm

Graeme Robson wrote:
H3D wrote:
Graeme Robson wrote:1194 members and counting, under 12 months really makes your claims look rather pathetic. Don't you think!

Why does this make my claim look pathatic? Why do you have to insult me? How many of these were previous members before the site change? 1200 members is great, but I think LOL could have tens of thousands of members if not more as it is the best source of loach knowledge on the internet.
If you wish to claim them as insults, then so be it. Your insulting behavior on how this web-site is ran is your style. (btw learn to spell) :roll:
ROFL.

on usenet, that's known as a PKB...
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk

H3D

Post by H3D » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:08 pm

sophie wrote:
Graeme Robson wrote:
H3D wrote:

Why does this make my claim look pathatic? Why do you have to insult me? How many of these were previous members before the site change? 1200 members is great, but I think LOL could have tens of thousands of members if not more as it is the best source of loach knowledge on the internet.
If you wish to claim them as insults, then so be it. Your insulting behavior on how this web-site is ran is your style. (btw learn to spell) :roll:
ROFL.

Maybe...but in the "real world" it is just called rude. As I have tried to insult no one.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:13 pm

I made this post at AC and it was erased by one of the mods. I got PM'd that it was a personal attack (AC members enjoy)-

"This all started at Fishgeeks on this thread, where Neo posted his tank with the title MY 180 Gallon : 50 Dats, 46 Clown Loaches, 15 Abino Bichirs. Where does it say anywhere that this is a Q-tank or a temporary set-up. Who starts threads about their holding tanks? If your intention was to deceive then you've done that, but IMO the main reason Neo started that thread is because he knew it would bring attention to his forums (he did use his MFK sig) He has his own fish forums, then why else would he start that thread over there? Congrats Neo your spam ploy worked again. That's how you got all your MFK members. You spammed the net with that 50,000g MFK tank thread of yours. I find your business practices and your fish keeping methods very disheartening."
-
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=60245
Last edited by chefkeith on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_89

Post by Steve_89 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:18 pm

shari2 wrote:
and btw, insulting Emma's fish store was a low blow. Have you bothered to ask HER any questions? Do you have any idea of her setup or plans for HER fish?
BINGO!!!!!

You just said it yourself even......:lol:

btw I am not here to defend anyone except myself...I was offended to see my tank come into question. Just as much as Emma was when her LFS was. For the same reasons...just like the one you provided. Perhaps this also applies for Neo's tank as well??
shari2 wrote:
Oh. And just because clowns get large, it doesn't make them monsterfishtank appropriate.

Why?

sophie

Post by sophie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm

H3D wrote:
shari2 thank you for understanding. It was never my intention to anger or attack any of them members of this board. Nor was it my intention to defend neo's actions. My intent was to get everyone to realize that they were not just insulting some guy, but that they were insulting someone who represents thousands and thousands of others. In doing so you are alienating the members of those sites who do not understand why you are making such statements. I know sometimes that we see things that can be very upsetting, however it could have been handled in a more mature and productive way.
I think the "statements" have been very coherently backed up. People's views are:

1) that there are too many fish in the tank for them to be happy

and

2) that keeping clowns, specifically, in a bare tank is cruel.

I imagine that anyone who read this thread would have gathered that. It's not an "us against them" reaction, simply a nearly knee-jerk reaction of horror that fish are being kept in that way. Even in the LFS that I go to there is a sand substrate for the loaches and cats. The guy who runs one of them cheerfully admits to having a unknown (large) number of kuhlis and probably a few horsefaces lost and living happily in his tanks...
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:01 pm

chefkeith wrote:I made this post at AC and it was erased by one of the mods. I got PM'd that it was a personal attack (AC members enjoy)-

"This all started at Fishgeeks on this thread, where Neo posted his tank with the title MY 180 Gallon : 50 Dats, 46 Clown Loaches, 15 Abino Bichirs. Where does it say anywhere that this is a Q-tank or a temporary set-up. Who starts threads about their holding tanks? If your intention was to deceive then you've done that, but IMO the main reason Neo started that thread is because he knew it would bring attention to his forums (he did use his MFK sig) He has his own fish forums, then why else would he start that thread over there? Congrats Neo your spam ploy worked again. That's how you got all your MFK members. You spammed the net with that 50,000g MFK tank thread of yours. I find your business practices and your fish keeping methods very disheartening."
-
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=60245

Thanks Chefkeith. That makes perfect sense!

sophie

Post by sophie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:37 pm

H3D wrote:
ROFL.

Maybe...but in the "real world" it is just called rude. As I have tried to insult no one.
PKB stands for pot-kettle-black; that is, Graeme's just called you on something he's notorious for.

and to get back on topic, I dislike fish being kept in bare tanks quite intensely. or all the fish I know anything about, anyway.
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:44 pm

brukekubold

Post by brukekubold » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:55 pm

According to urbanDictionary.com
1. troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
As trolls go my hat is off to neo. He makes no claims, he offers no rebuttals, in fact he never made a post on LOL. Yet six pages of disruption later it is obvious that he is well beyond being a mere troll. He has already achieved the rank of super troll and is well on his way to becoming a megatroll.

sophie

Post by sophie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:59 pm

yabbut we're having fun!
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

Max

Post by Max » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Hello,

This is my first post here on LOL and let me preface this with I'm not trying to troll your site. That being said this thread couldn't go much farther in that direction.

I'm mostly into salt water and I don't really understand much about the care needs of loaches. I do understand that they like to be kept in groups and that they like snails etc. I don't know if they need cover or not to feel comfortable or not from my understanding all they really needed was a decent sized school like they have in the wild and a secure stable environment? Please, think about the reaction though if I were a new fish-keeper coming to you guys for advice etc. and received such a reaction I probably wouldn't frequent your site anymore. That would be quite the shame to as you seem to have a lot of knowledgeable members.

However that having been said the fish were purchased from a wholesaler fairly recently. Neo is in process of setting up a large 1000 gallon bio type tank so that the fish's needs are met. He posted the picture because he was quite happy with his purchase and wanted to share with others. I really don't see this as a umh.... contest. He just struck while the iron was hot and got some neat fish while they were available. As we speak he is setting up several bio-type tanks so that he can give several groups of fish a natural setting from their native habitat.

Neo never spares any expense in keeping his pets happy and healthy and I assure you that he really does have the best interest of his pets at heart. He also

I totally understand a knee jerk reaction to only having part of a story but, I don't understand personal attacks and slanderous supposition.
MFK,AC and any other current and future members of the Monster Aquarium Network don't need to stoop to things like spamming or trolling to attract new members. We have advertisements in several major national publications and get a number of hits off the net on a daily basis.
It's part of our terms of service that no personal attacks are premitted and this one was removed like any other would be.

Anyway I just wanted to clear the air a bit . This is a very nice site you guys have and I wouldn't think that most of your members would approve of such tactics. They are uncalled for and unwarranted in this case. Neo is a personal friend of mine and I just wanted to provide you with all sides of the story.

cheers and warmest regards
Max :)
Hmmm, will have to think of something witty.

H3D

Post by H3D » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:11 pm

sophie wrote:Graeme's just called you on something he's notorious for.
Hehe...oh OK.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:14 pm

H3D wrote:
sophie wrote:Graeme's just called you on something he's notorious for.
Hehe...oh OK.
All he can do is laugh about it. :wink: