Some people.............

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

The Kapenta Kid

Post by The Kapenta Kid » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:28 pm

chefkeith wrote:I made this post at AC and it was erased by one of the mods. I got PM'd that it was a personal attack (AC members enjoy)-
Fortunately we do not suffer from censorship at LOL. I can write without fear or hindrance that Angelfish83 is the finest young man ever to have come out of Iberia to the Western Hemisphere since Hernan Cortez, and no one will try to shut me down :lol: :lol: :lol:

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:38 pm

I dunno KK. There have been some disappearing posts lately... :?
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:42 pm

Max wrote:Hello,
As we speak he is setting up several bio-type tanks so that he can give several groups of fish a natural setting from their native habitat.
Max :)
How bout some pic's of the new set-ups? and how bout an explaination for why he started that thread at Fishgeeks?

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:46 pm

shari2 wrote:I dunno KK. There have been some disappearing posts lately... :?
My keyboard is cursed.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 pm

How bout some pic's of the new set-ups? and how bout an explaination for why he started that thread at Fishgeeks?
I would be interested in this as well... 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:25 pm

clowns queens sulawasi dojo and kuli loaches 2 other kinds but i dont remember there names
are you keeping all these together?

you lot should have a good look through the species descriptions and set up your huge tanks properly, then grow up and stop being pathetic

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:51 pm

OH MY LORDY! WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN UP TOO?

(Whilst I was away) I have to start threads like this more often :lol: I've never seen so many quotes on quotes on quotes in a thread EVER that I can recall.

So....where was I? Well angelfish83 and I went to the Zoo together to meet with the Curator of fishes. Let's just put it this way......we saw things today that put this whole thread into the shade.

It is blatantly obvious that the vast majority of members at MFK are doing a vastly better job for their charges than a major institution. We're not going to be posting our findings and recommendations here, but I have photos that will be included in what we'll be sending them back.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to look behind the scenes to see the infrastructure that supports these aquaria because of their very wide distribution around the zoo, but we know insufficient water movement when we (don't) see it :?

To give you an idea of scale, here Pablo stands in front of the Malawi Cichlid tank..........

Not so much a case of Monster Fish, but Monster population, and other "issues" we have to address. My detail photos tell the full story.

Something that's being done right is these Osphronemus gouramis. They're living in a beautifully clean, enormous pool with good water circulation. There's a waterfall feed into it that drops around 6 feet.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

angelfish83

Post by angelfish83 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:36 pm

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/ ... 0_5375.flv
A video of said gouramis.

If you turn your speakers way up you can make out a child (ever too eager to call someone out for their mis-steps) say "That guy's touching the water! He's touching the water!!"

I was doing it to try to get my camera to focus the light level better (worked) if you're curious. I also discovered it made the little ones (the fish) come over to my hand as an added benefit.

These things are quite large. One could eat five or six hamsters if so inclined and still be hungry :lol:

nic

Post by nic » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:54 pm

helen nightingale wrote:
clowns queens sulawasi dojo and kuli loaches 2 other kinds but i dont remember there names

you lot should have a good look through the species descriptions and set up your huge tanks properly, then grow up and stop being pathetic
all are in seperate tanks all set up right i keep my fish right and for the record after qtanks for the rays they move to a large pond with a very fine sandy bottom like i said its so i can monitor everything but i forgot my ethics are all wrong

angelfish83

Post by angelfish83 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:12 pm

nic wrote:
helen nightingale wrote:

all are in seperate tanks all set up right i keep my fish right and for the record after qtanks for the rays they move to a large pond with a very fine sandy bottom like i said its so i can monitor everything but i forgot my ethics are all wrong
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

namaste

namaste