Zebra ( Striped ) Loach temp. & feeding questions???

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

anne1

Zebra ( Striped ) Loach temp. & feeding questions???

Post by anne1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:59 am

I have just one half grown zebra ( striped ) loach in an aquarium with 3 young dwarf Cichlids and some Zebra Danios. The past month or so the now dominate male Cichlid has been grabbing away the sinking food that I was adding for the loach to make sure it would get enough to eat. I have another unheated tank with a single goldfish about the same size in it as the loach. I am thinking that the loach might be better of in there to get enough to eat but wonder if it could tolerate the temp. well enough. The water temp. this time of year would be about 68 degrees during the day and 65 degrees at night. The range I had read for the Zebra loaches was 73-79 but could it do well enough at the lower temps. that I mentioned?

JD

Post by JD » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:34 pm

The unheated tank would probably lead to ich. Especially with the daily flucuations. Try feeding a few flakes too, then there are always some scraps that will make it past.

JD