EMERGENCY!!ACK!!!ITS ICH!!!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

botiaboy

EMERGENCY!!ACK!!!ITS ICH!!!!

Post by botiaboy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:32 pm

Ok, I came here because I need exceptional advice on loaches,and this is the only place to get it. My loaches all have ich,and its surviving daily water changes AND malachite green,even getting worse.I do not have any idea what to do. I've been treating for weeks now, yet still have lost 3 fish.I've asked on other forums,but at this point the only place that could possibly have a suggestion on what to do is here. Should I do a salt bath,or try a different medication?how do I do a salt bath? Are there any fish that this would hurt?
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:01 pm

TammyLiz

Post by TammyLiz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 pm

Man, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

I wouldn't think a salt bath would do a whole lot because the ich will still be in the tank.

Can you post more information? What temperature do you have it at? What is the ph ammonia nitrite nitrate? How often do you dose? Are you doing a half dose? Does the medication have only malachite green? I woud get something with formalin in it, too, just because I know that has worked for me before to get rid of ich.

I don't know about daily water changes. That sounds excessive to me if you don't have ammonia. I guess it is OK if you dose every time immediately after you do the change.

I like that site Keith linked to above. I hadn't seen it before. It has quite a bit of good information all in the same spot!

tglassburner

Post by tglassburner » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:23 am

Kordon RidIch + always works for me wit no casualties