Liniparhomaloptera disparis loss

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Jim Powers

Liniparhomaloptera disparis loss

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:33 pm

I just lost my only female L. disparis this morning.
I had a breeding pair (although I haven't found any fry) for about 10 months or so. They bred often at first (as new couples often do) but I haven't seen her fat with eggs or any spawning activity in a long time. In the past when I had this species, the females were much larger than the males. This pair were very similar in size.Lately, I have noticed that the male has become very aggressive toward the female and chases her away from food much of the time. This seems to correspond to the stop in breeding activity.(too many headaches on her part?) I haven't seen her feed in the last couple of days and found her dead this morning. Hopefully, I will be able to find another less intimidated, yet equally attractive female and get some more breeding. I guess I'll be checking out the white checked gobies again.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:44 pm

:cry: Awww, sorry to hear that, Jim.
It's always a shame when you lose one half of (what were initially) a compatible pair. Fingers crossed that you find another soon.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:37 pm

:cry: Know how that feels Jim. I was gutted when my ones just died off of old age. Was that one of your bred ones or the original female?

Bummer :(

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:44 pm

:( Sorry of your loss Jim.

Indeed, keep up on checking out them white checked gobie imports (or cheni's) :wink:

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Thanks, everyone!
Actually, Martin, like you , I lost my originals from old age and the offspring from that weird infection that ravaged my original river tank. This was a new pair I picked up last March and put in my second river tank. I hope, if I find another, it will be larger like my original female. She wouldn't have let this punk push her around, that's for sure.