LOL Community Edition

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

The.Dark.One

LOL Community Edition

Post by The.Dark.One » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:29 pm

Went to log in today and it wouldnt let me, tried to re-register but said I already existed!

Is it just moderators that can log in at the moment?

Also, Syncrossus berdmorei, still is howing as (Kottelat, 2004) after the name. I thought all the authorship mistakes had been corrected?

Are there some images you havent put on? The reasons I ask is that the only picture on for Leptobotia tientainensis is the one from FF of China. A friend of mine has a few of these and I could try and get photo's if you have no others?

Cheers
Sauron

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:52 pm

I just checked S. berdmorei and it says (Blyth, 1860).....honest, I didn't change it :)

We're (actually me mainly) loading up pics from the old forum, so there are many not moved over yet. We're only moving the best pictures over as in many cases we now have vastly superior images available. Actually doing it is a boring, repetetive process.

As regards Leptobotia tientainensis that is the only image that we have. By all means, if you can get some other pictures it would be absolutely fantastic. That picture is pretty crappy I think you'll agree....and I enhanced it from the original we had posted.

I'm not sure why you experienced difficulty logging in. Anybody can log in at present as far as I'm aware. I just checked who is registered on the site and it does not show you there.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Sorry Martin I meant beauforti, not berdmorei.

OK I'll try and get some pictures of the tientainensis.

I try and log in and it just brings back the log in screen, I go to register and it tells me someone already has my username!

:D

Martin Thoene

Post by Martin Thoene » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 pm

I'll let Jeff know because basically that's what happened to me the first time I tried to log in.

Your name certainly doesn't come up in a member search that I can do.

Martin.

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:17 pm

hymenophysa and helodes are also showing as Kottelat.
:wink:

shafer
Site Admin

Re: LOL Community Edition

Post by shafer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:55 pm

The.Dark.One wrote:Went to log in today and it wouldnt let me, tried to re-register but said I already existed!

I'm sorry to hear you had problems logging in. I'm going to need more information to help you, though, since I was able to create a new test account with no problems. Did you activate your account by clicking on the link in the registration email? Did you remember the username and password you entered? What was your username? (I don't see you in the list of users).

Thanks,

Jeff

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:56 am

shafer wrote:
The.Dark.One wrote:Went to log in today and it wouldnt let me, tried to re-register but said I already existed!

I'm sorry to hear you had problems logging in. I'm going to need more information to help you, though, since I was able to create a new test account with no problems. Did you activate your account by clicking on the link in the registration email? Did you remember the username and password you entered? What was your username? (I don't see you in the list of users).

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff

First I tried to log in using my existing LOL forum details (made sure my cookies were enabled). Every time it just brought back up a blank log in screen.
Then I thought that I might need to register anew seeing as though it is a separate site. It told me the The.Dark.One was already taken! There is only one Dark One (expecially logging on a loach website) this I am sure of! :twisted: :D

shafer
Site Admin

Post by shafer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:28 am

The.Dark.One wrote:First I tried to log in using my existing LOL forum details (made sure my cookies were enabled). Every time it just brought back up a blank log in screen.
Then I thought that I might need to register anew seeing as though it is a separate site. It told me the The.Dark.One was already taken! There is only one Dark One (especially logging on a loach website) this I am sure of! :twisted: :D
Well, it's definitely a different system than the forum, so you can't just use your forum login. Sorry. It's probably just giving a misleading error message. Like it says on the registration page, it doesn't let you have spaces or special characters in your user name, so "The.Dark.One" is not allowed. Try "TheDarkOne" instead.

Jeff

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:22 pm

Thanks Jeff

It's sorted now, although I haven't got my email confirmation and activation yet.

shafer
Site Admin

Post by shafer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 pm

The.Dark.One wrote:Thanks Jeff

It's sorted now, although I haven't got my email confirmation and activation yet.
With the escalating war between spammers and spam filters, it's a wonder anyone receives any emails anymore. Check your junk box if you have one. If not, I'll manually activate you.

Jeff

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Nothing there yet.

:(

shafer
Site Admin

Post by shafer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:56 pm

The.Dark.One wrote:Nothing there yet.

:(
I've activated you manually. See your PM.

Jeff

Mark Janssen

Post by Mark Janssen » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 am

i've got the same problemen i don't get mail!
my loache site

7 Botia histronica's & a couple of sid's/Kuhli's

Martin Thoene

Post by Martin Thoene » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:49 pm

I've been a busy-bunny.

As of 14:40 EST today, there are 989 photographs uploaded onto the new site just in the Species Profiles files. There are additional photos stored elsewhere which illustrate articles.

I have (I believe) now extricated all the best existing Species Index photos. Probably the bulk of the pictures though are high-quality fresh images provided by LOL participants.
Particularly of interest are all the natural habitat photos provided by Kampol Udomritthiruj, Anuratana Tejavej, Nonn Panitvong, Hendra Budianto, Ola Ahlander, etc. BIG BIG thanks to you guys for allowing us all to see the beauty of the fish's natural habitats.

Martin.

shafer
Site Admin

Post by shafer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Martin Thoene wrote:I've been a busy-bunny.

As of 14:40 EST today, there are 989 photographs uploaded onto the new site just in the Species Profiles files. There are additional photos stored elsewhere which illustrate articles.

I have (I believe) now extricated all the best existing Species Index photos. Probably the bulk of the pictures though are high-quality fresh images provided by LOL participants.
Particularly of interest are all the natural habitat photos provided by Kampol Udomritthiruj, Anuratana Tejavej, Nonn Panitvong, Hendra Budianto, Ola Ahlander, etc. BIG BIG thanks to you guys for allowing us all to see the beauty of the fish's natural habitats.

Martin.
It looks wonderful Martin!!! :D