What is your opinion...

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Mark Janssen

What is your opinion...

Post by Mark Janssen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:56 am

Another forum i frequently visit and interact is a special sub forum. This subforum contains al topics to talk about a choosen opinion (hope i used the word in the right context).

and i would find it intresting to read your opinions about subjects and in specialy if they are about loaches.

The choosen opinion is not always the view of the poster but can also be i common opinion of .....

i would like to start the first discussion whith the following and hope that this will get an interesting discussion were we all respect ech others opinions and views (if a view isn't yours don't flame it with its not true or your bonkers but give a reply with points that are carried by building blocks (couldn't find the right words for the context)

ok enough talk lets start:

On the internet we find many rules about how hot or cold a fish should be kept. On the other hand i read if fish kept to the lower end of the range they are slower but live longer and vice versa (keep at the higher range they are more active but live shorter)

the opinion(s):

main:
fish may live shorter but at the higher temperature (in the given range) they are more active and have a beter quality of life.

bonus:
since we as "fishlovers" like active fish we may also give them a shorter livespan than when kept at cooler conditions can we live with this?

(many hillstreams are kept to warm because shops don't always tell the are sub-thropical is this why some species are reported agressive in tanks, i just came up with this and a wonderd if this is true or not? you can awnser this as bonus 2 8) )

ps normely there is only 1 opinion but i'm a nutter a lot things came up that i couldn't choose :oops:
my loache site

7 Botia histronica's & a couple of sid's/Kuhli's