Pleas help me to id this loach bought as a striped loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Kesston3404

Pleas help me to id this loach bought as a striped loach

Post by Kesston3404 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:41 am

Hia im new to forums but have had my clowns for 2 years they are in perfect health I have kuhilii loach they are so cute and I have striped loach ah the problem when I got the striped loach I got one extra as it was in the net and thrown in with the other tree striped it was ment to be the same as the other three but I have my doubts can anyone id this loach as she iv very gravid she is more aggressive than the other three stripped loach and frankly her stripes look nothing like I do not wish her to become ill if I can pair her to someone who has a male she may release the eggs but I do not know what she is she has also grown quicker than the 3 stripped same sort of colour ( im trying to work out how load a picture ) she has stripe then a line of spots then stripe repeated down the length of the body can I( send a picture to hear from my phone )

Diana

Re: Pleas help me to id this loach bought as a striped loach

Post by Diana » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 am

Here is a link to the species ID part of this site. Perhaps it will help narrow down the possibilities.

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/pi ... e-pictures

To get to that part of the site from the forum:
1) Click on link to Main Site
2) Click on Species Index
3) Select Alphabetical List or Pictorial Species Index.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

gedwin

Re: Pleas help me to id this loach bought as a striped loach

Post by gedwin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:43 pm

I am new user too, and also wanted to upload photos for loach identification help. I used http://imgbb.com/ to host the images, which is a site I found just by web search. (I am sure you could use others.) I did not create an account there, but simply uploaded the images and then used the links they provide here in my post. Seemed to work fine.