PHOTOS

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Loachloach

Re: PHOTOS

Post by Loachloach » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:39 pm

He looks great.

Nitrate at 5-10 is nothing. Your pothos will have that for breakfast.

FranM

Post by FranM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks!! 👍🏼

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 pm

I think well water can vary a lot, it depends are where you live. You might have a look online at your water co.'s report & where its water comes from. What they test for will give a hint as to what "might" be in untreated well water. Agricultural areas may have different stuff too.

Personally, I like having municipal water that's tested regularly & treated to make it "safe" for people, let alone fish.

FranM

Post by FranM » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm

https://s26.postimg.org/om3qa5int/A10_B ... _B06_E.jpg

Mr. Slim has come a long way. Isn’t he beautiful?

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Truly awesome Fran!

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:31 am

https://s26.postimg.org/om3qa5int/A10_B ... _B06_E.jpg

Mr. Slim has come a long way. Isn’t he beautiful?
Wow, that's some visible improvement. And I have the feeling he'll keep improving(although he's completely recovered in my opinion) and in another few months you'll see him the fattest he's ever been :D He's a male, so he'll never be very wide girth wise but he'll get "muscles" :) It's just been two months since you started so it is a drastic improvement in a short period of time. You've clearly done a wonderful job with him and all the work has paid off. It is never a sure thing when one tries improving the health of a fish but without trying nothing happens either. Someone else would've written the loach off but your case is a testament that it is never too late :D I am so happy for you and Mr. Slim.....a name change might be in order :mrgreen:

FranM

Post by FranM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:50 am

Loach and Nancy.

I do also feels he is recovered and will still continue to get fatter. You feel I have two males because they’re more streamlined?

It’s cool to see how much he has changed in two months and I couldn’t have done it without your help by suggesting treatments and sticking with me through the process. I want to publish a thank you post to you both.

I still like the name Mr Slim. It reminds me where he was and how far he’s come. Im excited for his fishy future into a larger tank. I still don’t have a definite yet but I know it’s going to happen. My fiancé, who I drive crazy over the whole fish thing, is supportive. Soooooo, I can’t thank you both enough! Hugs to you. 🤗😘

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Yes, I think males are streamlined. Females grow in girth, early on, as early as being just over a year old. Also, if you look at them from above, which I can do in my pond, females are rounder, males are flat/narrow like a pancake :)

FranM

Post by FranM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:59 pm

https://youtu.be/tJ-SWBStyBo

Not sure why these videos aren’t larger. But anyway, this is another video. Even the littler one looks bigger to me.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 pm

They grow really slow but they grow. I don't notice mine day to day but when I pull a video or picture from some time ago its when I really notice.

Below for example is one of my baby loaches 1 year apart...

She's the one at the bottom of the picture. I say she because she's developing like a female would.

FranM

Post by FranM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Nice photos! I see a little of that roundness you’re speaking of.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks Fran.

Yes, the females get round and are wide in girth. I have a 6 year old male who's yet to get round :) I am guessing he never will :D

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Yep, I agree Mr Slim & Ll's dark stripes are both males. Females are much taller & fatter, we girls like our food & it shows :D

I truly hope you move to a place where you can have a bigger tank & add more loaches, fingers crossed!

FranM

Post by FranM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 am

Ahhhahaha, Nancy.

Yes, I certainly fit into female clown world as well.

Thanks. If anything big happens I’ll certainly let you and Loach know.

FranM

Post by FranM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 pm

https://youtu.be/zytuChHNarA

Just an update on Mr. Slim. Still looking well. Not fat because I still don’t over feed. You can see ever so slightly the bone line. Maybe if I overfed more that would dissipate once and for all. I just don’t want to change water more than once a week. Nitrates build fast in there.

Do you feel like undertaking another challenge with me, Nancy and Loach? How do I get rid of the slimy brown algae. I don’t let nitrate go over 20 ppm. It has always been an issue. I’ve looked up topics on it. Listened to others. It never went away. Otocincluses would help but I don’t want to add a damn thing extra in this tank for several reasons.

Want me to start a new thread? Or just a couple of tips would be wonderful. Thanks!!

Fran