PHOTOS

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FranM

Re: PHOTOS

Post by FranM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am

Do you think it’s overkill to do a third round of Kusuri?? And even more overkill to feed the metro laced food at the same time?

Thanks.

Doing a water change. Sometimes when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That really rings true in my case.

If you, Nancy and Loach, hadn’t directed me to really take a look and do something about raising the KH, the Golden pothos would not have taken off. AND since that plant has taken off, the nitrates are faring VERY well between water changes. It’s been 9 days since last water change. Granted I put two nitrazorb pads in 9 days ago too. Nitrates are at 5! TDS is up to high 180s. Is there really a big correlation between TDS and nitrate? Cause right now it doesn’t seem it.

Anyway, back onto the water change.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Do you think it’s overkill to do a third round of Kusuri?? And even more overkill to feed the metro laced food at the same time?
Not an overkill, I'd probably give it a shot.
Is there really a big correlation between TDS and nitrate? Cause right now it doesn’t seem it.
If you have a good few plants, nitrate are low but the TDS increases nevertheless. However, the problem with fish is not just nitrates but the overall TDS increase....So I'd keep doing the water changes...My tank is almost borderline no nitrates...I still do my large weekly water changes, happy fish...

FranM

Post by FranM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Loach, I’m looking into antibiotics now. Something has to work to fix this clown. I can’t isloate it. I can’t bring another tank out. Is this going to be very detrimental to the healthy ones?

I’m looking up old form posts. Maracyn and Maracyn 2 seem to be the way to go. Don’t they cloud the water? I guess they are safe for scaleless fish. I’m
Looking up all options. Thank you. Did you see my video on the previous page?

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

I would not jump into antibiotics right now.....Wait a few weeks and see if the fish would fill out first....He does not look or behave like a fish that is knocked by internal bacteria....Bacteria acts fast, kills in days, not in years...

If you want to try antibiotic, do Kanamycin Sulfate/Seachem Kanaplex....It is safe for all fish and doesn't affect the bio-filter but one needs to keep an eye anyway...

FranM

Post by FranM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I like the idea of holding off then for awhile. That does make sense. I’m sure nothing worse would happen in a few weeks. If it does look worse I will act.

Maybe do the Prazipro, metro and Flubendazole again.

Anyway....

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm

I would personally dose the Flubendazole again, and feed the metro flakes.....

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 pm

I vote for another round of flubendazole too, after 7- 10 days from the last round. That will make sure any eggs that were not killed will be in the larva stage.

The metro food...have you been feeding it all along or not with the flubendazole? I've gotten confused. I don't think it will hurt.

I'd wait on the antibiotics too, I'm still thinking (hoping) the flubendazole has done the trick. It's going to take a while for him to show any weight improvement.

I would not go from parasite treatment directly to antibiotics without a break of a few weeks. He's not in dire condition, yes, thin but not emaciated.

FranM

Post by FranM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 am

Flubendazole it is. I have NOT been feeding metro at the same time. I will start with Flubendazole this Sunday or Monday which will be 7-8 days. Question. Am I counting from the day the last treatment began or ended? Thank youuuuuu.

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:13 pm

After the last treatment ended

FranM

Post by FranM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:02 pm

That was my first thought but I had to ask. Thank you, Nancy.

FranM

Post by FranM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Mr. Slim is looking better. The indention is not as severe. He’s filling out some. I’m stuffing him up with food. You girls were right to give it a chance. I’ll know in a week. That’s when I’ll redose the Flubendazole.

Can’t thank you both enough. Can’t wait for a week to go by. I will take more video then.

:D

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Really nice to hear that.

Good food and plenty of it, and clean water is what he needs right now to get his gut back in order.

Think humans. Anorexic people take years to recover, so why would we expect a few days miracle in a similarly sick fish?
He looked really lively to me on the video, so he must be feeling good :)

FranM

Post by FranM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks, Loach.

He has pretty much been active except one time he was lethargic and seemed to be breathing heavy. That’s when the Prazipro did its job. That was a couple years back.

Yes clean water with better parameters. Very pleased.

Fran

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm

GO Fran, it sounds like he's making a good recovery. It takes time, be patient...& keep looking for an apt. he can move to with you. They're out there, I'm sure of it!

FranM

Post by FranM » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 am

Thank you, Nancy. Not giving up!

:D