Clown Loaches advice

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

vwman

Clown Loaches advice

Post by vwman » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi, I'm new to this fourm. I bought 6 clown loaches a couple of days a go,they are about 2" long. I have a 67 gal tank. I have a bristle nose pelco,6 tiger barbs and 6 danois.
I have a couple guestions

1-Do I feed them sinking pellets already(bottom feeders)?

2.What else should I feed them-Banana,cucumber,or wait?

3.If I don't here a clicking noise while feeding yet is that a bad sign?
Thanks people.

jerry_tyler

feeding clowns

Post by jerry_tyler » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm

I am new too. I have some clowns and I am feeding them frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms. Flake also. They love it and everything is getting fat.Welcome to the forum. There is some very knowledgable people here.

mikev

Post by mikev » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Most certainly, try the flakes and experiment with different brands of pellets.

And don't worry about clicking: with mine it started at about 2.5". Some other loaches click even louder...my 1" yoyos do this on the surface when eating flakes.

And Clown-Tiger Barb combination may be interesting; they may shoal together.

clownloach

Post by clownloach » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:15 pm

Yes they are a bottom feeder so anything that sinks. I use pellets and flakes most of the time. Sometimes i use bloodworms and/or freezed dried worms that stick to the side of the tank.

You can feed them a variety of foods to their liking.

Clicking noises will come latter in your tank. It usualy starts after they know their territory and are confortable with their surroundings. It's not a bad sign if they don't but im sure with time that they will.
Q('.'Q)

clownloach

Post by clownloach » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:17 pm

Yes they are a bottom feeder so anything that sinks. I use pellets and flakes most of the time. Sometimes i use bloodworms and/or freezed dried worms that stick to the side of the tank.

Clicking noises will come latter in your tank. It usualy starts after they know their territory and are confortable with their surroundings. It's not a bad sign if they don't but im sure with time that they will.
Q('.'Q)

clownloach

Q('.'Q)

clownloach

Q('.'Q)

clownloach

<^>

Q('.'Q)