MORE trouble... help?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

shazam26

MORE trouble... help?

Post by shazam26 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm

My little clown Lewellyn was buried earlier (as angelfish had suggested to me online) I tossed in some bloodworms and he erupted from the pebbles. :lol: I'm starting to get worried- I can't find levamosile ANYWHERE- is there any place online I can buy it? :(
Also, there's maracyn2 in stock at my pet store- someone had suggested using that? Should I get a little separate place like a breeding tank or whatever to put Lewellyn in while I'm treating? Sometimes Lewellyn gets picked on because of course, being the smallest fish in the tank next to the unnoticed kuhli's that would happen... do you figure it's because Lewellyn is sick?
I tried to get levamosile asap... I've searched DESPERATELY to no avail -_- I have no idea what to do from here

brett_fishman

Post by brett_fishman » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:49 pm

i have NO CLUE when it comes to meds..but im sure that putting him into a smaller tank would be better than in the community..

what size tank is he in now?
what size is the breeding tank?
is the breeding tank fully set up and cycled?
are there any fish in the breeding tank?

if its like a 10g, that makes dosing way better, as most meds are dosed per 10g. of water..so that makes measuring much easier..

hope that helps,
brett.
10g Tank - 1 Male Betta
70g Tank - 2 Pearl Gouramis 10 Harlequin Rasboras 4 Neon Tetras 2 SAEs 1 Swordtail

angelfish83

Post by angelfish83 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:38 pm

If you can find some way of forwarding payment for the product and shipping (Western Union is probably easiest) I'd be happy to buy some and ship it out...

You should be able to get it from a farm, or from a good vet...
If there are any farms with large quantities of sheep out there you might want to see if they have any.

Remember when you dose it to come back and get us to figure out the doseage for you as medications vary depending on their binders (hydrochloride, etc.)

newshound

Post by newshound » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:25 pm

angelfish83 wrote:If you can find some way of forwarding payment for the product and shipping (Western Union is probably easiest) I'd be happy to buy some and ship it out...
is this open to all CDN's and not just cute gals from the rock.
:wink:
I can't find any and I am surrounded by farms. One country vet told me that levamosile is an outdated treatment for farm animals and no one carries it around the north.
drain your pool!

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:42 pm

newshound, would you be able to ask him what the new treatment is, and any details?

I'm just curious... 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

grizzlyone

Post by grizzlyone » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:05 pm

I wouldn't mind doing the same as Angelfish.

Between the two of us we could probably take care of most folks. Its about $20 US for a bottle that makes 500ml of solution and lasts 90 days in the bottle or you can parcel it out a couple mg at a time and last for a year or more..

Kevin