Gastromyzon Ctenocephalus acting odd/sickly

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Setsuna

Gastromyzon Ctenocephalus acting odd/sickly

Post by Setsuna » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:40 am

G'day all.

Today I noticed my Golden Ram had pop eye. I decided to do a water change (or rather I decided to supervise my boyfriend doing the water change). After I had finished, I noticed my Gastromyzon Ctenocephalus on the bottom, half on the gravel half on the glass.

This was done at about 2pm. Right now its 7.25pm, and she hasn't gotten any better.

She's been sitting on the gravel (something she's never done before) and whenever she tries to get on the glass, she struggles to stay 'attatched' and slides back down onto the gravel.

I havn't got a Q tank setup and tomorrow I'm going to be stuck in the hospital getting a bone scan to try and work out whats wrong with my wrist.

She is in my community tank, awaiting the completion of my (first) river tank. She has been in this tank since last July and has always been the dominant sucker in there (bossing around both other hillstreams that I've had in there in the past and bristlenosed plecos)

I don't think she got hurt by the gravelvac, as she was on the glass at the time. I have treated the water with Melafix to help the popeye. It's the only medication I have here right now, and wont be able to get any more till the 17th when my next pay comes in. I have used Melafix in this tank before and have never had any reaction to it from the Gastromyzon.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong and what I could do? She has no strange markings, or any signs of illness apart from what I have mentioned above.

If you need more information, please ask. I will try and get a decent photo of her.