Loaches Love Oranges!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dave_2133

Post by Dave_2133 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:34 pm

My loaches fav is bloodworm and crushed pellet everything else is eaten but not like the first two mentioned. they eat it that fast it bearly touches the bottom, but the other food they fetch it off the bottom.

bevans

Post by bevans » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:23 am

LoachOrgy wrote:
this may help figure out your cat. i found this store that has a little description of a few cories. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scat ... CatId=1161
Thanks, LoachOrgy! He's a c. palateus. I got him a buddy yesterday, along with one more c. habrosus, to bring my total of those tiny guys up to four.
Brenda

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm

i saw some yesterday that were black with white specks all over them. they were really cool looking! i don't know the name but they were not on that list of the above post. they were more black with speckles of white.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:59 pm

sterbai cories are really cute looking. they had some at the store but i have 8 cories already.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:19 pm

i just tried cauliflower and they seemed to like it at first but gave up on it after about 10 minutes. i got watermelon, cauliflower, bananas, salad shrimp today at the store. im going to sparingly try the melons but try each food out to see which one is better. the salad shrimp are 5$. you can' bet that, two packages of shrimp at the fish store are 5$ and that is not even half the amount of shrimp. but brine shrimp compared to real shrimp.

i placed on orange in the tank earlier in the week. i tested the ph last night and the ph was 7.0. I will try and test the ph soon next week when they get another orange. the water did get a little cloudy but i did a water change after that.

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:41 am

My loaches gobble up tubifex worms and seem to love those the most. Second is boiled shrimp. I tried watermelon and didn't get a reaction.

They don't quite like tetra tabi min (though my cories do and I never find the tablet after putting it in)

I think I'm going to try oranges and apples next.

Methinks loachies have a sweet tooth.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:01 am

yeah ive stopped feeding them oranges. it made the tank too messy. but its the opposite for me. i can't get my loaches to touch tubiflex worms.

they really love cucumber and squash and salad shrimp the most.
All your loaches are belong to me!