Powerheads/Wavemakers with a feed mode

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FishyLady

Powerheads/Wavemakers with a feed mode

Post by FishyLady » Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Some of the powerheads that have a separate control have a "feed mode" where they click off for so many minutes to allow the fish to feed.
I have always turned off my canister filters at feedimg time otherwise the food just gets blown everwhere, this would be a good feature on any surface filter. comments??
Better the chaos of creativity than the tidiness of idleness.

Diana

Re: Powerheads/Wavemakers with a feed mode

Post by Diana » Sun May 13, 2018 5:17 pm

I do not turn off any water movement when I feed. The scattering of the food seems to give the fish something to chase, and separates it so a bossy fish cannot gobble it all.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 am

I don't turn off my filters or PH for feeding either. But if you feel the need to turn off both, maybe just plug them into a power strip...you'll just have to always remember to turn it back on, not something I'd swear to doing every time...

Paying extra for such a feature seems like a waste of money, but my life is not so very structured, if I understand this mode correctly.

Loachloach

Post by Loachloach » Mon May 14, 2018 12:57 am

I sink the food with my hand. Most of it falls where I want it without turning off anything.