Gluing Plants on to driftwood

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

FishyLady

Gluing Plants on to driftwood

Post by FishyLady » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:02 pm

I have glued some plants on pieces of driftwood and also a pebble. I used Superglue Gel and followed instructions from Youtube.
I seem to have quite a lot of dieback,, they are anubias, java fern and some grasses, perhaps time to feed them? or will they pick up once their roots are established. Was going to get some Seachem Flourish for the plants but iust been reading bad things about it i.e. fish dying after it's use!!
Last edited by FishyLady on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Better the chaos of creativity than the tidiness of idleness.

NancyD

Re: Gluing Plants on to driftwood

Post by NancyD » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:31 pm

I've never tried super glue gel, but that's what all my plant clubbers use. I don't know what YouTube you saw but you only need a dot to attach each plant. I'm not sure there are any "grass plants" that work like that, but java fern, anubias, bolbitus & bucephalandra should be ok. If they are new plants, some leaves may die back from the differences in water +/or lighting etc. No big deal.

FishyLady

Post by FishyLady » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:07 am

What do you use Nancy? this is one of the videos I watched. In the video he uses a lot more than just a dot.!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwLgUyRVpc
Better the chaos of creativity than the tidiness of idleness.

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 pm

I've used sewing thread or just poked the roots into a crevice in the wood. Or even put a small rock on the roots to hold them above the substrate. I keep buying gel super glue but it either gets used for something else or hardens before I use it for plants, lol.