Adopting a lonely Yoyo loach

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Annale

Adopting a lonely Yoyo loach

Post by Annale » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi, I wanted to write my story, because I tried to find out this information beforehand, but I couldn't.
So, my friend had a full grown (16 cm) yoyo loach in a 100 liters tank.
I took a chance and took him to my 240 liters tank, where I already had Pangio Kuhlii, one Otovinclus Hoppei, Paracheirodon Axelrodi, Mikrogeophagus Altispinosus and Sewellia Lineolata.
And everything has gone great! He is a bit defensive of his food and cave, but otherwise he is not aggressive at all. And he surely loves the sand, he used to have a gravel base.
Even though the Cardinals don't care about him, I am gonna move them to a smaller tank because I bought tiny little yoyos to company my big guy. And I think he is even more calm now after the tiny ones are settled in. He is not alone anymore.
So in summary, you can take a lonely yoyo and introduce him to others, at least I had a successful story.

NancyD

Re: Adopting a lonely Yoyo loach

Post by NancyD » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 pm

That's great you had such good success adding more yoyos for your lonely loach! Continued good luck!

redshark1

Post by redshark1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 am

Good job!

I know from my reading that some Older Clown Loaches that have lived alone continue to do so even when young Clown Loaches are introduced.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

fossphur

Post by fossphur » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 am

Good luck with your Yoyo family! I think they are a super engaging and fun fish to watch, they are always active in my tank and I think they reassure the other fish that everything is fine. Like dither fish but big and silly :D