Sick loach?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

leemccarthyn

Sick loach?

Post by leemccarthyn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi, I have a striped botia. He is about 4" long and 10 to 12 years old. He is in a 125 gallon tank with 2 12" Tin Foil Barbs about 13 years old, a upside down catfish and an ornate bircher about 12 years old. I had 3 barbs but about 2 weeks ago one of them died. There was no sign of an illness. When my tank was new I lost some fish to ich but none of my fishes have been ill in years.

I did a large water change after he died. Last week I took the water in to the fish store and had it tested. It was good. I bought an adult bristlenose pleco. I do have some algae in my tank. I know the fish store well and they have had him for several months. I put him directly into the tank. He seems fine, I see no signs of disease on him.

This morning when I fed my fish I was watching them. the tail of the botia seems to be turning orangy red. I see no external blood or injury. He is eating well and swimming around the tank but I'm concerned about the change in appearance. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

FranM

Re: Sick loach?

Post by FranM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Any pics?

You can make a free account in postimages.org. That website was recommended to me and it works well.