Got my blue moon light(pics and video)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LoachOrgy

Got my blue moon light(pics and video)

Post by LoachOrgy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:12 pm

I didn't realize it was so small but I am going to order another one. I think it was about 13.50 compared to the 80$ at the store.

Last edited by LoachOrgy on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:15 pm

so far the loaches are loving it. i left it on during the day with the room dimly lit. they have been playing all day. seem to be more active than normal. here is a video of one of the loaches cleaning off his rock!

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am

i was up till 4 am this morning with insomnia from tea. i watched all the big loaches come out and they played all night. they were more energetic than they have ever been and they would come right up to me if my face was really close to the tank. they would jet if i made too many sudden moves but other than that they weren't intimidated or scared at all. maybe i look bigger in the light. but i ordered the additional attachment for this blue moon light and the rest of the tank will be blue after i get it today. my tank is more alive at night than during the day. but all the small loaches come out and play during the day and all the big loaches come out at 3am-7:30am. i was worried that all the smaller loaches were going to be eating all the big loaches food but low and behold they were diggin like crazy. i gave them a big 3am suprise of salad shrimp and they loved it!

JonGuerriero

Post by JonGuerriero » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm

I have these on both my 46 and 55 and the loaches love them! Along with the normal tank lights they are on a timers so that the moon lights come on immediately before and after the normal tank lights. I figure it creates a sunrise > daylight > sun down situation.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 am

I got my blue moon light attachment. So now the entire tank is lit. I will add pics tonight! At 7am all the loaches were out going crazy. It was still dark outside so I watched them. Then the light went on and I filmed this.

John, I have my regular light cycle on from 7:30am until 9pm. The blue moon light is set from 8pm to 8am. so when the brighter lights come on the blue moon was already on and when they go off the blue moon light is on.

Dave_2133

Post by Dave_2133 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Nice loaces but they seen really skitish.

You've a nice setup there matey.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Hey Dave, they just recently moved tanks and the loaches have been acting a little odd since then. i think they are still getting acclaimated to the tank. they seem to be perking up a bit lately for the last two days.

before i moved tanks, the twins and big loach would come out regularly during the day and beg me for food and play and dance. recently they seem to runaway when i am around. but for the last two days they have been coming out and not running away the entire time.

the big loach had a rather large traumatic situation occur when he was smaller. he had a near death experience when i removed his stump. he was still in it, i didn't realize it and i heard a noise and picked up the stump at chest height. the loach fell out at chest height and hit the ground. since then, he has been more than precautious towards me. every once in a while he comes out and begs but usually its only in the morning. monday morning at 4am. the alpha big loach would come up within an inch of my face in the blue moon light. but if i make any sudden movements he always runs and hides.

also. just because i say he or she doesn't mean anythign i am just talking. i don't know the sexes of the fish yet.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:47 pm

ok here is a pic with all the lights out and the blue moon lights on. for some reason the picture won't take the glowing of the entire tank that you see with your eyes.

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:14 pm

That's just a case of exposure time. If the shutter is open longer, you'll see more light. But then you'll need a tripod to get a clear shot.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:25 pm

also i previously rearranged the tank so that on either side of the tank there is a long run all the way down from end to end. i saw the big loach bolt all the way across in less than a second.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:12 pm

I took Martin's advice and changed the exposure to as high as I could place it on my camera. It took some really nice blue moon light pictures. Thanks Martin! 8)

I am going to mess around with the exposure a little more now that I have some free time.

Here is a video

here is me playing with the camera effects
All your loaches are belong to me!