*My* algae wafer!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Basil

*My* algae wafer!

Post by Basil » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am

So I put this in a new thread. Just love the Botia Darios! I could watch my tank all day :D
So I added the 6 new ones and my survivor to the 75g, 11 days ago. I’ve done the first treatment of levamisole and will repeat in about 2 weeks. Everyone in the 75 is doing fantastic; eating like champs. <br/>
Current stocking is 7 golden diamond barbs, 3 Tiger barbs, and 7 Botia Dario. I will add Tiger barbs but want to do 2 green and 2 albino. Waiting for my LFS to get them in.

Let me know if the YouTube video doesn’t work.
https://youtu.be/kyiC-Nkevbw

redshark1

Re: *My* algae wafer!

Post by redshark1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Ah, I see what golden diamond barbs are now!

Good luck with the aquarium, I hope it all works out well.
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.

Basil

Post by Basil » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank you redshark!
I was told they are a new variety of gold barb; they are more glittery. I wasn’t looking for them but fell in love with them.
They are very active and don’t take any s*+t off the Tiger barbs. :D

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:18 pm

I like the vid & your tank! I was curious about your "special" gold barbs too, now I get it.

I like the darios! Now fatten them up! & change water often, they're still small fairly but cute!

I had a couple botia species that stashed food, be watchful & vacuum their caves if needed.