Looking for loaches... Help?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Endorite

Looking for loaches... Help?

Post by Endorite » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 am

I have a 65 gallon tank with two goldfish in it. I'm wanting to get 2-3 loaches and I set my tank up with sand and some plants. However, I'm not positive where the best place to get loaches is. I've only seen a few online options and I'm not sure if it's the best option or not. I have a few pet shops I go to but I know they don't have loaches. There is one pet store that has an entire basement level just for fish and aquarium supplies but still no loaches. Would a pet shop order some of its requested???

NancyD

Re: Looking for loaches... Help?

Post by NancyD » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:25 pm

With goldfish, I'm thinking you want weather loaches (aka dojos). They're not legal to keep in many states, check it out. When I lived in NE it wasn't a far drive to...several states where you could buy them,,,& they were often for sale in MA even though...on the illegal list...I don't think F & W raids fishkeepers homes often but let your conscious be your guide...or your paranoia...

Endorite

Re: Looking for loaches... Help?

Post by Endorite » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:31 pm

NancyD wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:25 pm
With goldfish, I'm thinking you want weather loaches (aka dojos). They're not legal to keep in many states, check it out. When I lived in NE it wasn't a far drive to...several states where you could buy them,,,& they were often for sale in MA even though...on the illegal list...I don't think F & W raids fishkeepers homes often but let your conscious be your guide...or your paranoia...
Okay thanks! I looked it up before and couldn’t find anywhere saying it was illegal in my state, I’ll definantly double check though!