Please help me ID gastromyzons.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

sarpijk

Please help me ID gastromyzons.

Post by sarpijk » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi guys! I wish this forum was restored to its old glory I hardly see any new material but thankfully there is so much information stored in the old topics!

About three months ago a local pet shop brought in some gastromyzons labelled as Viriosus. They even told me they were captive bred! I got five of them as they seemed to be in good form. Upon inspection they do not look like viriosus but rather zebrinus because the tail is blueish.
Could you help me with identification?

Katy

Re: Please help me ID gastromyzons.

Post by Katy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:03 am

Welcome to the Loach Forum!

I can't help you, unfortunately, beyond what the photos in the photo gallery on the main site can show you. They are cute though!

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi,

would say zebrinus is right.

Thomas

Eika

Post by Eika » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:34 am

Hey,

I've just seen this post (agree it is a shame the forum has died down so much!). I am confident these are not viriosis. The tail appears the wrong colour as you say, but also the best are far too narrow. Viriosis have thick creamy coloured bars, making the sides appear half/half dark and light colouring. These look to be zebrinus.

Cheers
Eika
New Zealand