Hillstream loach wanted

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Bowerbird78

Hillstream loach wanted

Post by Bowerbird78 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:30 am

Hi everybody
Dan here, I’m brand new to this forum and this is my first post.
I’ve just recently completed the set up of a hillstream tank that has been a long time in the making.
The set up is a 250lt 1200mm long tank with 2000lph external filter plus 4000lph wave maker pushing the water in a circular motion around a central hardscape, so not a true river tank but I’m real happy with how clean the flow is. Everything is maturing nicely now, only a little algae on the rocks so far but plenty on the driftwood and glass. I’m feeling like it is ready to accept some fishies.
Not sure what the rules are on the forum about trading but I wanted ask if there is anyone in the Sydney or anywhere in Australia with Sawellia, I know it’s not legal to import them here but I’ve heard there might be some breeders from before the import ban.
Thanks in advance and I’ll put some pics of the tank up once I figure out how to upload photos :roll:
Cheers

Bowerbird78

Re: Hillstream loach wanted

Post by Bowerbird78 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 am

Just realised, I should have put Sawellia Lineolata in the tittle :roll:

Eika

Re: Hillstream loach wanted

Post by Eika » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:38 am

Can't help you but just bumping the thread so hopefully more people see it. Good luck!

Sewellia are cool little things. I've heard rumours that there was somebody breeding them over here in NZ, but have never come across anyone here who even knows of them nevermind where to find one. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Eika
New Zealand