Seeking good owner for two 20+ year old clown loaches (Southern Cal)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

dubwick

Seeking good owner for two 20+ year old clown loaches (Southern Cal)

Post by dubwick » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:52 pm

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm looking to re-home two clown loaches that I've had for 20 years. They were in a school with three other clown loaches for the first 10 years I had them, but I made a decision not to acquire any new fish 10 years ago. So, as fish passed away, I didn't re-stock. They're currently in a 60-gallon tank and lived the last several years only with a 14-inch plecostomus who passed away last summer. Since the pleco passed away the clowns have become more reclusive and hide in their caves much of the time, but are active when the lights go out, of course. They are tightly bonded and I worry about the day when one passes away and the other is left alone. I would rather find them a good home together, where they can be introduced into an existing loach school, before that time comes. The fish are between 4 and 5-inches long, have lived primarily on bloodworms and Hikari algae wafers. I will admit, they do prefer bloodworms more than any high-end shrimp pellet I've ever offered them.:-) I live in Ventura, California and am willing to drive a couple hours to get them to a good home in Central or Southern CA. This is a very hard ask, since I've always believed that a pet is for life. I just can't bear to think of one of my sweet loaches living in solitude after the other one goes. Hopefully that will be a long time, especially in the hands of a good, loving owner. Thanks for reading!

redshark1

Re: Seeking good owner for two 20+ year old clown loaches (Southern Cal)

Post by redshark1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 am

I recommend cut and paste to Facebook Clown Loach Fanatics. Hardly anybody listens here anymore. https://www.facebook.com/groups/139544712868942/
6 x Clown Loaches all 30 years of age on 01.01.2024, largest 11.5", 2 large females, 4 smaller males, aquarium 6' x 18" x 18" 400 ltr/90 uk gal/110 US gal. approx.